• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea, Project M Custom moves.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
It dawned on me after reading about smash 3ds custom move feature, that one could possibly use a similar though more round about system for modifying ones smash characters.

Basically the idea works, by having the special moves separated by the .pacs (For example fitmotionmarth.pac and fitmarth.pac) having one given the proper name in the folder (so it is the one project m loads) and the others not named properly so they are not loaded, and if you wish to switch to that variation of move set just go into the folder and rename it.

For example you could have a Marth that has more of a focus on recover, and then a different Marth for power. Unfortunately this would not work in tournaments (due to tournaments needing to have across the board standard), but could be fun to mess around with at home.

I realize that my idea does have many flaws, not being user friendly being the major one, but I still kind of wanted to just float the idea out their to get some other peoples opinions on it.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Its an alright idea, but I'm not that fond of custom moves to begin with, and some moves would be fairly difficult to customize.

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Samus should get Plasma, Ice, and Wave Beams. At least change up the effects on the charge shot and the graphics!

JOE!

Smash Hero
most of what I've seen either seem worse or just about "as good" relatively as the defaults in a different way.

Only a handful are ********

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
I repeat this sentence on Smashboards quite frequently but, it remains relevant

That sounds like a lot of work, with not enough pay off.

Like many of the more game-altering suggestions here this is not a bad idea.
It's just a MASSIVE project for a feature that not everyone would use and would most likely not be accepted in the competitive community. it would be kind of crazy for them to give themselves thousands of hours of work and problems to add something like this in. This also would be treading on SSB4 waters which is something the team whole-heartily avoids.

This isn't a Video game company its a non-profit mod team.
I don't say this to be a jerk but, crazy things get suggested so often i feel like people forget the scope of this project

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Wouldn't PMBR get into trouble with Nintendo for this, considering this is an element from Smash 4? I'm not gonna lie, I'm down for custom moves for Project M, but this would also allow Nintendo to easily file a cease-and-desist letter against it.

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
When Sm4sh shocked me with the concept of custom moves, I was thrilled at the idea. Sm4sh just isn't my cup of whiskey, but it brought along some cool additions to Smash. I immediately began wondering what could be realistically implemented. My conclusion: custom moves is not one.

PM already attempts to completely balance a current roster of 41 characters. Adding custom moves (lets say the way Sm4sh does it) would add 2 more moves to every special attack, resulting in 8 variations of specials, meaning 328 more moves. While this may be possible, it is impractical and unrealistic to assume this is something that can be 100% balanced, polished, and released. Sm4sh is about new mechanics, concepts, and characters. PM is about complete roster balance for the competitive community. One of these is immeasurably more difficult than the other to achieve. Plus, and just throwing this out there, "new mechanics, concepts, and characters": we do that too.

TL;DR I do not see this ever happening. Ever.

Top Bottom