• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea: Kirby Inhaling EVERYTHING!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
In his own series and Smash, Kirby sucks up enemies to earn their abilities...but there have been quite a few times on the Kirby games where elemental hazards or items grant Kirby special abilities, his own abilities from his own games could be represented on Smash through a buff to his Inhale move.

Kirby could not just suck up his enemies...he could inhale...

EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!

For example, Kirby inhales one of Mario/Luigi's Fireballs, Samus' Missiles, Ness/Lucas' PK Fire, SuperSpicy Curry...etc? He turns into Fire Kirby and can breathe fire in 3 directions, like on the actual games.

He eats up Samus' Charge Beam? Megaman's Charge Shot? The Furries' lasers? The Ray Gun? He becomes Beam Kirby.

He inhales the Ice Climbers' Ice Attacks or a Freezy item? He becomes Ice Kirby :3

BTW, are the Kirby Superstar concept arts the cutest things ever or what?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I've always thought it'd be damn cool to have Kirby get more than just the fighters hat's. Personally I'd be all for it, though who knows if he'd just be too adorable and awesome to justify the rest of the roster.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Something tells me you don't like Starfox.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
I always liked the idea of Kirby gaining more powers through Inhale, but it could quickly escalate to making him overpowered. It's one of those "sounds good on paper" things, I guess.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Something tells me you don't like Starfox.
I actually like Starfox a lot...and I don't actually use furry as an insult...I was just too lazy to type the three character names :I
I mean, this could spiral into OP...but I'm sure Sakurai would know how to balance it.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The problem is it would massively shift the Kirby game. Instead of trying to manage a maximum of three powers per match, you're having to calculate and juggle between dozens from the various items and stage hazards. It's going to massive overcomplicate Kirby play. Which, in turn, means he'll either be really hard for most people to play with at all, because they can't use him to max efficiency, or he'll be standard strength normally, and a master of his hat switching will be able to just destroy everything. It is a very serious balance concern. There's a reason they took out mid-battle transformations.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The problem is it would massively shift the Kirby game. Instead of trying to manage a maximum of three powers per match, you're having to calculate and juggle between dozens from the various items and stage hazards. It's going to massive overcomplicate Kirby play. Which, in turn, means he'll either be really hard for most people to play with at all, because they can't use him to max efficiency, or he'll be standard strength normally, and a master of his hat switching will be able to just destroy everything. It is a very serious balance concern. There's a reason they took out mid-battle transformations.
Pretty much this. We should just keep it at character copy abilities.

Top Bottom