• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea for rock pikmin!

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I think alph should have rock pikmin and olimar should have regular purples, but the Rock pikmin will be just a skin over the purples so they act the same but look different and sound like shattering glass when they hit. I don't think this will be hard for them to do it wouldn't actually change anything (same grab range and throw range) but rock pikmin will get some love. Imagine the that sound when you land the F smash I would love that what do you guys thing?

Formaldehyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hodgers
I'd love to see it happen, Rock pikmin need some love too.

I'd have like to see them originally in the game act like purples, but bury upon impact, feel it was a lost opportunity, but oh well.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Not to derail my own thread but I just got the dlc for pikmin 3 wwoot hoot love this game haha they even added white and purple pikmin in the challenges wooooot

Kon

Smash Journeyman
maybe rock pikmin could be better as a shieldbreaker tool when thrown with pikmin throw. However I think this would be bad for the character balance. So there should be a negative side of this such as having much startup lag on the side b. And maybe that you can't use rock Pikmin to grab(as they have no arms?) So that the knowing your Line-Up is even more important and may have a huge impact on what works and what doesn't. Just some random thoughts.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
They have arms! >:( lol well I think our best chances are for a skin instead of a character redesign but anything can happen in smash

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
maybe rock pikmin could be better as a shieldbreaker tool when thrown with pikmin throw. However I think this would be bad for the character balance. So there should be a negative side of this such as having much startup lag on the side b. And maybe that you can't use rock Pikmin to grab(as they have no arms?) So that the knowing your Line-Up is even more important and may have a huge impact on what works and what doesn't. Just some random thoughts.
The shieldbreaking definitely makes sense since they were used to shatter glass and crystal in Pikmin 3. That's a great idea.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
The shieldbreaking definitely makes sense since they were used to shatter glass and crystal in Pikmin 3. That's a great idea.
This would be a HUUUUUUGEEEEEEEE buff, but it's almost impossible. Would give Olimar some of the best tools to never lose and will be the maximum walling/zoning/distance %&$#$ god if they hit like purples.

Sorry for destroying the dream, sound amazing, but no, it won't happen. At least not shield breaking.

But dreaming is cool and is free jajaja :p. I really don't want to "sound" like the grinch xD.

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
This would be a HUUUUUUGEEEEEEEE buff, but it's almost impossible. Would give Olimar some of the best tools to never lose and will be the maximum walling/zoning/distance %&$#$ god if they hit like purples.

Sorry for destroying the dream, sound amazing, but no, it won't happen. At least not shield breaking.

But dreaming is cool and is free jajaja :p. I really don't want to "sound" like the grinch xD.
Oh, I don't think we're actually getting new custom moves, but it's fun to dream...

Top Bottom