• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea for new Sonic move?

Angry Drunk Chav

Smash Cadet
Ok, ill be quick here, I think sonic's down b should just be moved to side b.

It would be nice to see some actual kill potential on sonic without just grinding to 200% or hoping to gim.

Down B could charge up in the same way Ivy special does, idk, rings comin towards him or w.e After a certain amount of rings are "collected" you have a charge, Would be similar to rest but obviously takes time to charge up, 100 rings or w.e Turn into super sonic, small aoe that does some decent % and knockback.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
No.

One Hundred Nos. In a row. Just a chorus of 'No.'

Just. No.

....Alright there are so many differences between the two moves, you cannot just "get rid of one" or "just move one to the other" and have it be okay. You're asking for an entire change in how top Sonics play. Switching between DownB and SideB efficiently to keep your opponent guessing is one of my biggest tactics.

Plus that idea is bad. You might as well DownB transform into Knuckles with that mentality. Programming is a lot more difficult than coming up with a random move and implementing it exactly how you envisioned it. How is the system supposed to count rings? It's a miracle they even got the game to count Lucario's supers using the aura system already in place. I realize it was just a suggestion, but suggestions outside the purview of reality aren't helpful, especially when you're asking to change the entire way a movement based character moves.

If you need to kill with Sonic, sweetspot a bair, sweetspot with dair, sweetspot with fair, sweetspot with nair, FSmash, or my personal favorite, Uair.

Sonic has difficulty killing because he can't immediately change his aerial position like Falcon or some other fastfaller, but if you follow the DI you can still manipulate yourself to get the sweetspots you need.

Last edited:

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
Plus doing Spin Dash with Side-B would feel too weird since we are use to using Down + Action Button to use Spin Dash in Sonic's genesis titles.

PS: Up-air is my favorite too :3

Top Bottom