• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea for an assist trophy to playable fighter reveal video

mikkerj

Smash Rookie
This is just an idea that I thought would be cool, but imagine if we had a small video in the next direct of master hand looking over a collection of assist trophies and breaking a few, and throwing them into the roster, where they would then be revealed along with some gameplay.

If this ever were to happen, who would you like to see get promoted?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This is just an idea that I thought would be cool, but imagine if we had a small video in the next direct of master hand looking over a collection of assist trophies and breaking a few, and throwing them into the roster, where they would then be revealed along with some gameplay.

If this ever were to happen, who would you like to see get promoted?
Please Sakurai.
I've waited so long.
Lyn carrying Mark.jpg

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'd like to see Lyn and Ashley become a playable fighter in particular.

But this thread's got me thinking. It's evident that with the most recent Nintendo Direct that Nintendo has shown themselves expressing an interest in the competitive scene of Super Smash Bros. They clearly acknowledge what will be useful in tournaments, such as a stage hazard toggle and Omega and Battlefield forms. If they know this much, they also most likely know that items, which includes Assist Trophies, won't be used at all in competitive Smash. So what's to stop them from making a mode or an option of some sort that includes some Assist Trophies as playable fighters? Granted, I don't see how this would work in more casual matches, but I've thought up some countermeasures that might work.
  1. Make the playable Assist Trophies have some sort of "shadow" persona when the both of them are on stage. It won't be them exactly, but it'd be an exact replica of them that mimics their Assist Trophy attacks. It'd work similar to Ditto.
  2. Disable their specific Assist Trophy when a playable Assist Trophy is already on stage. This sounds like it should be possible, but I have no idea how the coding works in Smash, so it may or may not work.
I don't mean to derail the thread here, but I just thought it'd open up some interesting discussion. What do you guys think?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I think for DLC it would be cool if Sakurai did an a Assist Trophy Ballot. I’m not sure if they would pick one or two characters to promote to playable status. Here are some choices we would be allowed to vote on.

1. Bomberman
2. Waluigi
3. Ashley
4. Shovel Knight
5. Kystal
6. Zero

Btw as tough as it would be for me to vote. I think I’d pick Zero who I hope would come with Central Highway Stage. Second choice would be Bomberman and Waluigi would come in third.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This is a great idea btw. I hope that there are either reveal videos that do this, or maybe if there was a way to unlock some assists as playable characters in the actual game, the way it could be introduced is with master or crazy hand grabbing assist trophies and throwing them into battle.

Top Bottom