• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idea for 3DS WiiU interconectable game mode

NocriZle

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone I have a (in my opinion) great Idea on how to connect the 3DS smash with the WiiU smash. There should be a game mode where people play in a blank pictochat level on the WiiU. Meanwhile, there will be up to 4 players on the 3DS. What the 3DS people will do is every 30 seconds submit a quick drawing over the image of the pictochat level. They will make their own levels and every 30 seconds it will switch to a different person. Once the level appears in the WiiU the creator cannot edit it. There will be thick ink for the impassable parts and thin ink to drop through platforms. This gives the 3DS player a feeling of creativity and it would be super fun. The balance to this is that the people on the 3DS have a limited amount of ink so they can't go crazy. This way up to 8 people can play smash at the same time.

There are probably other awesome things Nintendo can do but this is just one Idea.

Tell me what you think,

Thanks

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
It's a cool idea in theory, but it leaves the game open to so much griefing, like making no/incredibly small maps so that the players will just fall to their death.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
That's pretty creative and I could see it fitting in with the other modes we are familiar with. Still I think there is an idea that we have not come up with that would be essential for owning both versions.

Good examples of hand held and home console connectivity.

Zelda 4 swords. Each screen is used for your character when you travel in houses and in caves. So it doesn't force other players to move along with you or the other way around.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Very similar to 4 swords, but lots of gear and item management without having to halt the game for one player.

Sonic and Tails - Undiscovered by Sega - Player 1 as Sonic runs free around the stages. Player 2 can use the 3DS or what have you to follow along in the stage at their own pace. Man it would have made 2D co-op Sonic so much more enjoyable.

Mediocre ideas for hand held to home console connection.

Metroid Prime - Unlock the Fusion Suit. The costume it's self is great, but nothing a simple in game unclock could no accomplish. This is what I expect most out of the U and 3DS connections and it's not bad, but I know there can be so much more.

So the best examples are when the hand helds are used when actual gameplay is going on. With the button layout being so similar for the U controllers and the 3DS I think using the 3DS as a controller will be possible when both Smashes are played on the TV. But because of the fast pace of a fighting game the 3DS in your hands wont help much aside from an attack list in your hands at all time.

If we could write notes to ourselves and put them on the 3DS that would be pretty cool. Like quick match up notes or "combos" that we remind ourselves to use.

Still with the 3DS being so personal I would not mind costume unlockables up the wazoo along with more single player options while the Wii U version focuses on everything it always has. Then put those 2 together and you can get stages from the Wii U and costumes from the 3DS. With a lot of content it will be great. Only problem is there is nothing there that couldn't be done as a normal in game unlockable.

Now from the way it is sounding, both the 3DS and Wii U versions will run the same engine and play the same. If that is the case, I would love to have a player ID that can be taken anywhere from 3DS to Wii U. When you play with people out on the street or the school yard you can take all that data to the home console version where it adds to some giant online data base or personal records.

Usable items, costume pieces, stage builder pieces, special trophies, etc that can only be gathered by Street Pass
would be a nice incentive to have both versions.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I like this Idea.
Many an inappropriate image will be drawn.

Top Bottom