• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I'll be gone this upcoming week, so 18-20 weekend is perfect.
For now, Idaho needs to see a decent smashfest, hell, even a tournament before we go out there =]

I'm gonna start doing some homework/research for once on how to play. I think I'm done attempting to learn just by playing/advice.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
Well it looks like I cannot make the Utah trip, I leave next week and will not be back until July 7th at the earliest. I will be back in July to start smashing again, shouldn't be too hard for me to play down in Florida though, got a buddy that plays and is networked with the players down there. It's been real so keep it real fellas. Thanks for hosting the smashfest's action, be back summer time
It was nice practicing with you WuP, definitely got me a lot better. Definitely looking forward to getting my *** wup'd this summer lol. Good luck down there brah, best of luck :]

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
barno, shoot me a text, i dont have your number atm.. i dropped my phone in the toilet, on purpose though, i thought my phone wanted to take a dip.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Just letting you know, I'll be practicing while I'm away :)

Looking forward to 18-20th weekend, nothing in the way XD

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
No point in a PR tourney I wont make it cuz I'm going to Utah it will be a bigger tourney and its closer to me that Boise lol, that new guy wup wont be there and Brandon probably wont go so it wouldn't really show anything. Wup was the only reason I suggested the PR tourney because other than him nothing has changed except maybe No U should be taken off the rankings.

WuP

Smash Apprentice
Well check it out BC, I am actually not leaving for a while so I am down to smash a lot now. When you planning on a Utah trip? I still may be in for that. As for the 18-20th we need to get a big tourney, would be sick.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I'm going to Utah for sure you guys should try to make it I would expect Utah to be good cuz they have had a melee group most of the time while ours was dead so it would be a good experience for anyone who actually plans on becoming competitive on a larger scale than just Idaho.

WuP

Smash Apprentice
Will do, is there a place for us to crash at or we gonna need a hotel or what? Details would be nice

JaxSolmanson

Smash Rookie
Hey idaho smashers! My name is Lander and I am from twin falls! I play brawl almost daily with my friend Patrick. My roots run deep in fighting games. I have extensive knowledge in smash 64 and brawl, marvel vs capcom, street fighter, umk3 and tekken. I was a late late bloomer for brawl, but I enjoy its rich and complex style as well as the awesome randomness factor that seems to come out every match. My favorite char is Mr. Game & Watch, but my partner would argue that my best char is Wario. Patrick, my training partner, plays a very powerful Lucas, and shows that tiers make minimal (although substantial) difference in a game to game basis. He also dabbles in the FE and Star Fox characters. We have several vids saved for reference and humor that im willing to put up if anybody wants proof of skillz lol So if anyone is in twin falls area and wants to chill and play some matches, please dont be shy. We are both very pleasant and mature, and we live in a well-kempt house and a nice neighborhood. Plus we are so hella bored killing eachother, we need fresh meat. Please IM me if anybody wants to set up a smash event. Peace - Lander

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Although i would give you a firm nod to the fact that you have "extensive knowledge in smash 64",
Brawl having a rich and complex style with an awesome randomness factor?

I have to lmao. and anyone else that knows what Melee is.

Buuuut to be nice and welcoming to 2 (?) new and willing smash players. If i ever pick up and go stay in Pocetello fo a weekend i will let you know. There isn't much luck when it comes to finding people in east Idaho to play (or even brawl). Most of us are in Boise area and North Idaho is almost in a separate discussion.

:yoshi:

Maybe an Invite to the Utah thing can help them be welcomed and acquainted with the active smashers around? someone object?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Brawl is gay play melee.

So we should have housing for the Utah trip they just need to know when you guys are planning on going to Utah and coming back to Boise. It looks like there will be a smashfest thing after the tourney with a crew battle so Lemon you need to come our crew will probably be me, knuttz, yamer, wup, and lemon (this is subject to change depending on how good everyone is and is up for discussion cuz we need to put out our best 5 but I don't want anyone to feel shorted on not being able to play). I think you guys should plan on leaving friday for Utah and then coming back sunday morning/afternoon depending on how long the smashfest lasts.

P.S. Welcome new guy! Sorry but you wont find any love for brawl in Idaho except for U of I but thats far enough away that it's pretty much in another state.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
bahh, i wish i could make it to the utah tourney, i have class so i wont be able to, so i'll stay behind with b-air-in' (baron).

i'll definitely join if they come here though, almost impossible to find the money or time to go out of state, but i'll definitely still play to keep the community strong.

ohhh, and welcome to the new guy :]

WuP

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm, Alch said he would bum a ride off me but really has no extra money for anything else ha. I would have to talk to him and figure out what he would do if he went. As for car pools go for this trip, I would have 2 more seats available for the drive if people don't mind riding in the back of my car. Idk if Churro is going or what but it seems like we will have roughly 5 going to this. For now i about about 70% sure on going to this crew battle/smashfest. And as for the housing goes BC, do we need to pay a venue for the housing or what?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
You don't need to pay for housing because I think it's just one of the Utah guys who said he would out everyone up. I called knuttz and he's going to go so if he ever posts we can figure everything out.

WuP

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good to me so far. Pretty sure I will go to this. Let's go wreck Utah

WuP

Smash Apprentice
If I don't SD we have good games most of the time, but that is if I don't SD.

WuP

Smash Apprentice
Yup I am down for that. Lemon are you going to Utah now? And yeah I am in for twoish smash practice. Alch is gonna ride with me

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Playing tomorrow? I'll see if I can make it.

slight chance going to Utah...but if I don't make it, best of luck, wreck them :)
Wouldn't mind being a possible backup for crews if I end up going.

EDIT: About to try that Project M demo, thoughts? I'm really hoping to see differences from the November build I have.

WuP

Smash Apprentice
BC posted that on the last page I believe. Would be nice to have a falco for there. Either way we will figure most of it out tonight

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
im not so sure yet =(
but who will be in the crews?

aaaaaand, is the smashfest at 2 today?
Yes

at Baron's? im not sure, im just riding up with wup.

Some one leave a schedule estimate about how things will go next weekend with leaving times, tourney/crew times, and returning times if it is possible.

Top Bottom