• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'd tolerate Sonic having two Spin Dashes if...

Quillion

Smash Hero
...one makes you zip through the enemy doing weak damage but had a mix-up option like the current spindashes and the other one works like :4jigglypuff:'s Rollout, a chargeable, fast-moving KO move that forces you to stop upon hitting the enemy.

I'm not totally against the idea of two Spin Dashes, but if the only difference is that one begins with a hop to confuse opponents, that's just not fun to play as.

infomon

Smash Scientist
That's not the only difference. There are several differences. Please check the other threads, although I think we're still collecting the information about the different properties/options/mixups.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Spin Charge (Side B) has more priority than Spin Dash (Down B). Also goes through a single hit I believe. Still Sonic is a combo/damage racking character.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Spin Charge (Side B) has more priority than Spin Dash (Down B). Also goes through a single hit I believe. Still Sonic is a combo/damage racking character.
Speaking of which I was ****ing around in For Glory just now and I Side-B hopped through a Samus B.

Pretty great.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh, we're talking about how awesome Side-B is?

I managed to make a Charizard self-destruct by completely ignoring his Flare Blitz(?) and having him overshoot.

I had to put down my 3DS for a bit to soak in what just happened to me then.

Quillion

Smash Hero
That's it?

Sonic would still do better if he had a ridiculously fast-moving finisher like Jigglypuff.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Again, there are a lot more differences.

Side-B can be shield canceled, for example. Both my and Orochi's thread go into more detail about their specifics.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Speaking of which I was ****ing around in For Glory just now and I Side-B hopped through a Samus B.

Pretty great.

So, you litterally passed right though it? Glitch... or new mechanic? :troll:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wow. That is awesome.
So, you litterally passed right though it? Glitch... or new mechanic? :troll:
Yeah, I literally went through it. Didn't hop over, or cancel with it, or even eat it on the way… Just sorta didn't give a **** and kept going.

Sonic's Side-B invincy could do some good **** in Brawl too, but it was really funny how it just disregarded it's existence completely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom