• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC's sub

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
Well, I was fighting my bro and my friend earlier today and, I realized that my IC's cant do it every time. So I was wondering what are some of the sub characters you guys use, or what should I be looking for in picking a sub.

My thoughts so far
Fox
Marth
King Dx3
DK
and maybe Olimar

chewyy

Smash Ace
by sub I'm guessing you mean secondary, and I use D3.
Not for any particular reason other than I think I play well with him.
And I mean cmon, he's a fat penguin, what's not to like?

Rykard

Smash Ace
my secondary is jigglypuff but i dont think she will be much help against high tier characters

wall of pain and down air to rest are her 2 greatest assets, plus she has a useful but difficult to do jab lock that can essentially be an instant kill if you can pull it off and end with a rest. plus, how can you ignore those big blue eyes?

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
Cause when she gets hit a with a mallet from D3 she goes flying. How can you ignore the round plumpness of D3, but I've tired Jp. I'm looking for a character that will help in situations that iceys cant handle.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Kirby, Pikachu, and working on Game and Watch.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Those are just the ones I use, lol. I use Pikachu to deal with my Snake problem, and Kirby does a good job against Wolf and Falco, two of my other problem characters. Game and Watch supposedly does okay against Metaknight.

It's all personal preference

Hit973

Smash Cadet
I use Game and Watch and Pikachu as secondaries currently since they have good match ups with my problem characters.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I use g&w. He's great on all the stages that ICs suck on so I don't have to be concerned about people picking stupid stages like Hanenbow. I actually find myself purposely switching to a gay stage and going g&w just because he's so amazing on them. Using this tactic I've never lost a set after winning the first match. I win match 1, and if I lose the 2nd I go Rainbow Cruise / g&w, which works like a charm.

I'm also competent with a lot of other characters but between ICs and g&w I'm pretty covered in terms of matchups.

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
G&W seems like the best secondary for everyone.

I think I made my decision
*Drum Roll*
Jigglypuff. I've seen some great vids and potential with her so Im think of using her. As of right now I'm gonna practice her jab locking and her Infinite Second Jump thingy. Then come back to my iceys

Rykard

Smash Ace
I think I made my decision
*Drum Roll*
Jigglypuff. I've seen some great vids and potential with her so Im think of using her. As of right now I'm gonna practice her jab locking and her Infinite Second Jump thingy. Then come back to my iceys
score! i win!

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
Jiggly is a great characters, but she doesnt do anything against m the weakness of IC.
I know a G&W is gonna come around and destroy me with Bairs.Snake gives me a little trouble, and mk is a pain.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
actually g&w is my main and ic's are my 2nd

but kind of the same thing either way isn't it? lol

Top Bottom