• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ICs Stage Counterpick?

TJJ

Smash Cadet
What would be ICs best stage counterpick(s)? If there are some character specific counterpicks, you can also put them here please.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
IC are good on the neutrals and the neutrals and yeah that sums it up.

FD is usually good against most chars but I wouldn't recommend it vs Luigi. Any stage with platforms vs Luigi. If FD is banned then Stadium probably.

edit: Corneria isn't bad I find but I don't know who you'd take there exactly.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I may not know alot about ics.....
..BUt i always c chu go final destination =_=

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
BattleField on in my opinion the best Counterpick stage against any character. Edge in battlefield is very tricky and that doesn't bother IC itself at all beacause of IC:s not so good recovery. instead many other characters like Peach, Space animals, marth, C.Falcon, Samus etc: It is pretty hard to sweetspot-edgehog with those characters in BF so they might be easy to edgeguard with IC:s. At least I feel confortable when I counterpick BF and IC's. =). I have acchieved many victories with that counterpick.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
You can get camped by pretty much all other char's on a platform lvl, though. I wouldn't recommend Battlfied for almost anything. Least that I can think of atm. I almost always go exclusively FD, 'cept sometimes for Peach, like Pookie said. Idk where I'd take Peach though. Now that I think about, I still prefer FD, heh. To each his own, I guess. I just don't think anything benefits them more FD does w/the large flat ground at which to move across...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'd take peach to FD, imo. she'll always have SOME sort of advantage, and imo i'd pick FD just so i don't get gayed when i accidentally jump into her platform dsmash. whatever, that'd be my fault anyway.

so yeah, IC's are good on all neutrals. FD is usually the best pick (except for luigi, as aforementioned). it's when someone picks pokefloats or rainbow cruise or mute city or brinstar or kongo jungle... etc. then you're in trouble.

unless you're really mobile like me :p

Binx

Smash Master
I am kind of wierd but I really enjoy playing on yoshi's, battlefield and FoD against any character but Marth, for Marth I always love FD. I usually do pretty well on Mute, for other counter picks I usually just grab one of my alternates.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, FD is probably your best choice. I also love Yoshi's story for anyone other than peach and samus, since you can control a lot of the stage. (WD out of shield to grab is **** here) If you play anyone other than ICs you should use them if you get taken to Rainbow Cruise or Poke Floats, since Nana don't do **** for you there.

I personally hate Battlefield for ICs because if you are too close to the stage when returning and don't have the the height for over+B recovery, it's a death sentence for you and nana.

Binx

Smash Master
I dont see how yoshis is any better than battlefield, but in either case Marth ***** ICs on Yoshi, the level size + platforms = lose.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I dont see how yoshis is any better than battlefield, but in either case Marth ***** ICs on Yoshi, the level size + platforms = lose.
Yoshi's is better than BF because if you up+b from below, you and your nana will hit your heads on the floor and will be unable to tech to save yourself. On yoshi's you don't need to worry about that, since you can't go below the floor. Also, my nana likes to walk off the stage on BF much more while I'm edge guarding than any other. (but that could just be me)

Binx

Smash Master
never had my nana just randomly walk herself off the edge, also you can just up b at a better angle to get around that happening, also I find battlefield easier to do perfect wavelands off the edge on, but that most definitely is just me, Yoshi story is my favorite stage but I think that for ICs they are basically the same, although I would rather fight most characters on Yoshi because of the closer wall.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fun fact: Falcon may be able to move amazingly on Yoshi story, but the lack of space evens up the matchup for IC's. So if FD is banned, Yoshi's the way to go against Falcon.

Pokemon Stadium... is decent.

Dreamland and Battlefield? Falcon will dominate the stage.

Top Bottom