• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Icicle Chase?! Video is up!!

chewyy

Smash Ace
Okay, sorry if this is known or whatever, but I haven't seen it, and have been trying to get a way for it to work. I finally got it, and it's pretty simple.

To get Nana to shoot an ice block by herself, just tap the direction you want to go, the opposite direction, then original direction again, followed by B. Pretty much you dash dance, then hit B. Then after shooting the Ice block, you chase it.

I couldn't get it to work with one dash or two dashes, so I don't know if it can be done quicker...

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqDnr-_YZ_I
I might re-do the video...

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
You only need to dashdance twice in order to desynch with ice blocks. I don't think this desynch is very useful since if you're far away enough from your enemy to be able to safely do this desynch, the ice block won't lead to much, and if you are fairly close, then DD -> blizzard is generally better.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can just pivot an ice block and chase it. Very simple.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Doesn't that take longer? You have either wait for popo to become ready to move again, right? or you have to make nana shoot a second Ice block?

idk, I'll have a vid up around monday or tuesday. I'll be out of town for Turkey Day/weekend.

I think it looks pretty sweet. :)

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't think a video would be very useful since I'm sure that most people here have known about this for months.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Can't they just jump over the Ice Block? O_O
I'm not sure but I think I missed the importance of this in melee...
the ice block distracted them. if they shielded then you can do a grab, if they jump then u-smash, if they roll then d-smash, if they take it then follow it with a dash attack. its really more for distracting than actually pressuring/attacking.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about....it's been known since Melee.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
a pivot desynch lets popo make the first move, right?
so this would be the fastest way to get nana to shoot an ice block without having popo do something first?

i think people are confusing this with a pivot ice block (which would result in a popo iceblock)
interesting...

chewyy

Smash Ace
Maybe we're not getting it, but I have faith in you chewy lol. You're a good IC.
lol, hopefully. :)

a pivot desynch lets popo make the first move, right?
so this would be the fastest way to get nana to shoot an ice block without having popo do something first?

i think people are confusing this with a pivot ice block (which would result in a popo iceblock)
interesting...
yeah, the major difference is that nana goes first. And if I recall correctly, it doesn't take MUCH longer than a pivot desynch. It's just one more dash and the 6 frame lag for nana. (or whatever the frame lag is)
Idk, I think it looks pretty sweet and has some decent application.

I'm still out of town for Turkey Day, so the video won't be up for a couple of days.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
OMG

i've been playing around with this and it's very useful.
not only can you chase an IB, but you can have Nana cover you with a blizzard in like a half second.
this is great for obvious reasons: leads to grabs, stops an appoach, blah blah.
it's SOMEWHAT hard to do, but definitely worth learning.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
OMG

i've been playing around with this and it's very useful.
not only can you chase an IB, but you can have Nana cover you with a blizzard in like a half second.
this is great for obvious reasons: leads to grabs, stops an appoach, blah blah.
it's SOMEWHAT hard to do, but definitely worth learning.
hrm. i need to practice this then....

Tujex

Smash Ace
Sounds cool. Probably be easier for me to incorporate into my game since I'm just not picking up the IC's.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
That's what you mean by Icicle Chase? Lulz, never knew that.. Popo catching up to the ice block... >_> <_< Probably good for going to a grab... or not.

And I really really liked the flashy part, considering that it is flashy... but the opponent can more likely shield and jump/DI out of it if they know what you're going to do, I think.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Well.. if the flashy part was to be useful, then that's good, especially on heavy characters. And of course this wouldn't work on Marth, his Dolphin Slash is omg (he'll escape out of it...) and after the move he'd be grabbed. ._.

I also did it on small characters and it didn't work, and the result was that they just got hit on the other side and I can't continue moving forward with Nana and the n-air... SINCE, and again, my small character opponent got hit to the other way instead of getting hit forward.

Eh, probably useful if we're unpredictable or if they don't know this will start happening.

Top Bottom