• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iceblock chaingrab with fox/falco help

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
I've searched the forums and didnt find any topics that addressed this but i'm sorry if i missed it. I thought I was doing the iceblock chaingrab correctly (dthrow-->SH iceblock w/ nana-->regrab) when I practiced it in training mode, but then when i tried it out on a human he DIed away and then nana's hammer didnt hit anymore... only the iceblock did. The way ive been doing this is I press jump right after i press down (for the dthrow) and then tab b for the iceblock. So am i doing something wrong? Do i have to press jump at the same time as down so that they cant DI as far? Thats what i would think... but i just want to be sure. Thanks!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
You can easily catch them after the D-throw if you predict their DI, then have Nana dash hop and fire an Ice block. But even then they can easily DI and escape.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Yeah, this is too easily escaped. Even if you try to predict where they're gonna DI, they're still left with at least 3 other option of how to escape. Don't use this if you're objective is winning...

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
haha ok... i guess i wont use this anymore. for some reason i thought i was a guaranteed chain but guess not! hmm i need to learn to wobble...

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
haha ok... i guess i wont use this anymore. for some reason i thought i was a guaranteed chain but i guess not! hmm i need to learn to wobble...

EDIT: oops sorry for double post idk how to delete it... =X

Top Bottom