• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice9 Metaknight Videos

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Your Meta Knight needs to Nair and Shuttle Loop a bit more, and work on spacing.

Down Smash is best when you save it for the kill.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Your Meta Knight needs to Nair and Shuttle Loop a bit more, and work on spacing.

Down Smash is best when you save it for the kill.
Thanks for the comment. I personally don't like shuttle loop though, even though I am aware of the uses of it. I'm Nairing more often though. And I play my Meta very much like people play Eddie in GGXAC, Pressure. I also use Dsmash like Marthers use Fair, Its my combo and its a great way for me to clear room, and since its so fast, I like to use it as a counter.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Yeah, good Meta Knight, but definitely try to use Neutral B, Nair, and shuttle loop more. All great moves for MK. Also, I agree that Dsmash should be saved for killing, since it's one of his best killing moves. However, if you have to clear out an opponent quickly, it is a great option. When I play MK I hardly ever stop moving, his moves are so quick with such little lag. Dair, Fair and Bair are all great for keeping opponents away from the edge, and since MK can easily go out for a few seconds, hit a few times, and come back, don't be afraid to test his off-the-edge game-play.

X6488

Smash Journeyman
I saw some amazing opportunities with Mach Tornado, Shuttle Loop, and his nair that you didn't take in the second video. You might also want to cut down on the rolling. The way you play seems to wait for delay on one of his attacks and then a rush to punish it, or just constant rolling until he does so. I don't think you pressure him enough; the amount of attacks that come out aren't proportionate to how much pressure he feels.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the comments.
I am shuttle looping more often now. However, These videos I am posting are only coming from 1 day of recording, So there is going to be little to any improvement between them.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Nice videos, I saw some prime opportunities for some attacks that you never executed, but your MK is still good, keep it up :)

Thanks for the comment. I personally don't like shuttle loop though, even though I am aware of the uses of it. I'm Nairing more often though. And I play my Meta very much like people play Eddie in GGXAC, Pressure. I also use Dsmash like Marthers use Fair, Its my combo and its a great way for me to clear room, and since its so fast, I like to use it as a counter.
I used to dislike the shuttle loop as well when I first picked up MK, but if you use it more, you'll love it and see how useful it is ^_^

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Ice9,

Your posts leave me a little confused on weither or not you like Shuttleloop. Let me tell you tho, it's awesome in my opinion. I would practice being able to reverse Shuttleloop better, as well, so you can sweetspot people easier (you missed a lot). In addition, practice landing it instead of resorting to the 'FallSpecial'. Fun videos to watch tho, bro. Thanks for sharing! :D

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
good metaknight, i dont think u need to sheild more like that one guy said, id like to play u some time, pm me ur FC if u want to mine is in my sig or on the side

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
against valor you didnt use mach tornado much or not at all. shield need to be more frequent. you were very accurate though!

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Hitting people with MT makes them cry, So I don't use it.

Im here to prove you don't need Neutral-B to win.

That is all

Have a nice day.

Endgam3

Smash Rookie
Hitting people with MT makes them cry, So I don't use it.

Im here to prove you don't need Neutral-B to win.

That is all

Have a nice day.
True, but if youre in it to win, anything is fair game (unless its banned ofcourse :p)

I feel the same way though. I dont neutral-B as much as I should either.

luckyneko

Smash Rookie
Yeah I don't think MT is necessary. It's nice in one or two spots but I haven't found much use for it. As everyone else stated, though, shuttle and nair are very good moves. I was in boss battle mode trying to finish it on Intense for a long time and found a new love for nair there. x.x

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
And I play my Meta very much like people play Eddie in GGXAC, Pressure.
I KNEW I recognized that music from the 3rd video. Good job working without shuttle loop.

You'll probably hear this a million times, and I agree with your spacing counterpoint, but try and limit the Dsmash by a teensy bit. ^_^

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
I KNEW I recognized that music from the 3rd video. Good job working without shuttle loop.

You'll probably hear this a million times, and I agree with your spacing counterpoint, but try and limit the Dsmash by a teensy bit. ^_^
Yep, I <3 GG so I Dled the whole Soundtrack... I love the Music

O-Sol and Slayer FTW

Master Raven

Smash Master
Good videos. I personally don't have any problems with using MT as long as you don't abuse it, and if used properly you can get some KOs with it while juggling oponnents. As for shuttle loop, I agree you should use it more often. It's one of Meta Knight's best KO moves.

Top Bottom