• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Super Missile Inquiry

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
So I'm dumb and never use the Ice beam, so I don't know if anything is now common knowledge. I've come to find the ice super missiles having a bit more added hitlag with a bit of a pop-up when it connects. I've literally been able to follow up with a fair after the missile hits (if I'm close enough). So obviously, if I can land a fair during this window, there is much more potential here. Or a fair is the only option here optimizing any damage count.

Aaaand discuss.

Chevy

Smash Ace
I often land grabs off of Super Missile hits if I cancel it close enough to my opponent. There's no extra risk, since at that point they can only shield and get grabbed or get hit by the missile and possibly get grabbed. This works in fire, so I imagine it's even easier in ice, but I'm usually not as in-your-face when I'm in ice mode, so I haven't really noticed the difference.

What's actually fantastic for starting combos/finishers is the ice homing missiles. Those have hitlag, baby.

Litt

Samus
Lol dude 99% of the time the ice up smash can hit where the fair was going to, and most of the time, the upsmash is the better option, know when to edgeguard (set one up with the fair), or just add on more damage and pop them up, maybe even get an early kill against floaties like kirby and MK

Litt

Samus
UpSmash seems like it would be prone to missing a missile pop up, doe. I'll definitely try it!
You would be surprised, extend your combos are far as you can until you are punish or die from them, that is when you know to stop them in tourney and reestablish neutral.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Samus' Ice Missiles into Ice Up Smash IS AMAZING. Her Ice Up Smash just has such ridiculous vertical range.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Just be careful that you're actually linking attacks into each other, not tossing the two out quickly and hope it works. You will look real silly if it turns out your opponent was able to shield the missile and you're flying after him with an Usmash/Fair/etc

Top Bottom