• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAU Saga

Smash Lord
me thinks that it'd be impossible to play as both chars at once... i don't know how it'll work out though, i have some ideas but i'm not sure about them...

this really should go in the melee room too...

SeniorLongJohn

Smash Cadet
Well, I think it's possible to play as both of them. It might be to people playing as an ice climber but I think you use both of them. One life equals two ice climbers dying. i know that sounds crazy, or it might sound like it's cheating, but, the ice climbers could be weaker then any other character in the game so it's easier to kill them.

hmfmhayato

Smash Apprentice
Classified due to security and protective reasons.
I believe you play as the ice climbers together, but you choose one to play as in the beginning and the other one just follows you. Go check out this video thing i found on the nintendo e3 site:http://movies.nintendo.com/smash_long_export.mov it shows a good amount of the ice climbers, and a really interesting thing at the end...

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
this should be moved to melee or brawl.

And to answer the question, you control one ice climber. When the other ice climber is close to you, you control both (if you desynch them, you can set different commands to each of them!) when the other ice climber is away from you, it is controlled by a cpu. It basically just tries to run towards you until it is back beside you.

They are two separate characters controlled by one person (and sometimes a cpu)

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
To add to that, at high levels of play you WANT to get your climbers desynched because it leads into harass.

At least i think so...i heard omni mention it in a video once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom