• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers??

Reddent11

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow wolf users

im fairly new at using wolf but the one thing that is annoying me is Ice Climbers
my friend uses them and its always just even or he keeps winning more than i do

any helpful hints??

Much Obliged !

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ice climbers usually depend a lot on players skill. I haven't fought many decent ICs but I do know, that you should stay out of their grab range. Try to seperate the two, when you get the chance.

§witch

Smash Lord
Yeah, not getting grabbed is impossible. What infinites does he do? If you can tell me how he does them I MIGHT be able to help you out. And wasn't there an ICs thread like 3 days ago?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Seriously, don't be afraid to run away for pretty much the entire game. IC's are tricky little *******s. Wait for them to get slightly separated, and make your move from there. Some people like to kill Nana, before taking out Popo-- it's a good strategy a lot of the time, but really, why not concentrate on Popo if they're already separated? He's the only one that counts.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
^ What he said. Approaching ICs is just a dumb idea all around if they're together. If you want to see what happens if you're not thinking when approaching them, watch the We Ain't Ann Arbor tournament videos where Ankoku gets trumped by Omniswell's ICs while playing as three different characters over...four matches, I believe.

JCav

Smash Lord
^ What he said. Approaching ICs is just a dumb idea all around if they're together. If you want to see what happens if you're not thinking when approaching them, watch the We Ain't Ann Arbor tournament videos where Ankoku gets trumped by Omniswell's ICs while playing as three different characters over...four matches, I believe.
yeah omnis ics are sick, ive played them at a few tournaments. and really it is nearly impossible but you cant get grabbed. if you do, stock gone. the ics are just another character that can chain grab wolf... (sigh)

Reddent11

Smash Rookie
Thanks alot guys this really helps!!
I knew it could be something as simple as evading those pesky chain grabs and trying to separate the two
Ic. Ill just try and perfect those two principles as much as i can!
Thanks again
oh and sorry if there was already an IC thread..stil kinda new to the forums and ill try not to do it again

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
how do you beat IC's? you play boring and wait for your laser to knock nana a little back then you go in with a fair then di behind them and run away and repeat until nana is dead, but ya popo can CG wolf pretty high by himself, so you have to play gay and CP gay.

I suggest CP jungle japes because nana wont come back ever if shes in the water.

i1337

Smash Ace
Seriously, don't be afraid to run away for pretty much the entire game. IC's are tricky little *******s. Wait for them to get slightly separated, and make your move from there. Some people like to kill Nana, before taking out Popo-- it's a good strategy a lot of the time, but really, why not concentrate on Popo if they're already separated? He's the only one that counts.
took the words right off my keyboard :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Stages that move or that have uneven terrain are also good counterpicks, like Rainbow Cruise.

Regular Dthrow CG wrecks Wolf pretty bad, you can't escape it until the 30'-40's, he gets a free smash attack at the end, and if it ends near the edge you have to worry about getting back to the stage. The infinite are a lot worse, but basically don't get grabbed, and don't try anything risky unless they are out of position.

Top Bottom