• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ice climbers vs wario

Teh Future

Smash Master
wtf this matchup is so dumb. Warios all like imma camp over the top of you and you're like yay upair but his mobility is so dumb he teleports from one side of the stage to the other and then hits you with dair.

lol.

Do any of you guys have any experience against wario mains? they are way too good at not getting grabbed because of their release nonsense. it wouldn't be that big of a problem for me, but I can't hardly hit him when he gets in the air because he's like lol mobility.

I watched chewy face the same guy after me and he just went D3 :/ so I dunno is this matchup bad for us or what?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hyphen smashes/shield grabs help to make this less annoying. you can grab him off his bike but at teh cost of one of the climbers getting hit. hyphen smashes, blizzards and surprise squalls are pretty good too.... ice blocks are pretty much worthless against him as he'll be in the air half the time. any of our aerials help to combat him. he has ok range in the air but most of our stuff can outrange him (assuming you can time it right). its still a really tough match though....

TheStig

Smash Lord
i play against a campy wario, and i find that upairs are one of the best aerials to use. you pretty much have to bait and camp until you can get a grab off (punish nairs, bairs, and fsmash). on the wario boards it says 6:4 in wario's favor. i say that it is even.

lain

Smash Master
Uhhh yeah I mean typically I'd go D3, but IC's vs Wario is 55-45 ic's. methinks.

It's ridiculous to try and grab wario, but you just gotta watch for when they land (cause it happens often). Run in and shield and grab. What are they gonna do? Nothing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Uhhh yeah I mean typically I'd go D3, but IC's vs Wario is 55-45 ic's. methinks.

It's ridiculous to try and grab wario, but you just gotta watch for when they land (cause it happens often). Run in and shield and grab. What are they gonna do? Nothing.
I think it's fairly even until Wario starts to camp them. 55:45 or 60:40 for Wario overall, it's also stage dependent. Wario has more stages in his favor overall, but IC's get a little more than half of the neutral stages that are in their favor.

And don't go Dedede, not if you know the Wario player will camp you. Not only is it boring for both players, but it's overall a pain for Dedede to try and catch him.

Teh Future

Smash Master

we were playing battlefield, so he was just landing on the platforms.

lol you'd think upair would work really well in this matchup but I think I hit him with about two, I found it better to try to predict where he was gonna go and hit him with bair but still he ended up catching me more than I could hit him.

whenever he was on the actual ground he had control of the stage and I was above him, so I just ended up getting fsmashed and pooped on so I died at like 70%

I dunno Im just gonna try to go ROB for this matchup probably, we're both in st. louis so ill just try to get moar experience and see what works myself.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Land with their mouth open. Better to eat one IC and get smashed than to get grabbed.

Top Bottom