• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Tourney Results Thread; By iceclimbersinfinent

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
credit goes to GameDragonX who gave me idea for this thread

also credit goes to GameDragonX who after i went to the diddy boards afer about 4 weeks i decided to stop being lazy and make this

When i go to the diddy boards i see a tourney results thread which gave me this idea, now i will give you the basics on how this thread will work

Basically you just post your tourney results when you use ic's in a tourney and i will add them to this. When i update this thread will be in about 2-4 days when you guys post and yes i will add them all at once.

Tourney results will include the fallowing:

Place the tourney was held.

What place out of how many

State and city

I really want to get a thread going with this and possibly stickied (i will delete that in the future if it does)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NINTENDUDE1189

XI. E. S. T. I. C. L. E.: 4th of 53
Wallingford, CT
Lost to Cort (Snake) and omegablackmage (Mr. G&W)

Montage Presents No Nonsense 2: 9th of 62
Princeton, NJ
Lost to Atomsk (Diddy Kong) twice >_>

Reapers Game III: 3rd of 49
Lost to Sol (Snake) twice
--------------------------------------------------------------------
kackamee

Gamers Edge weekly tourney: 2nd out of about 30
Charlotte, NC
Lost to this one Snake dude that doesn't come here as far as I know

Gamers Edge weekly tourney: 3rd out of 30
Charlotte, NC
Lost to the same Snake guy

Gamers Edge weekly tourney: 4th out of 38
Charlotte, NC
Lost to this VERY SPAMMY Lucario
---------------------------------------------------------
stoopdklutz

placed 33 out of 56

Bay Area Battles ; Smashfest 2008

Lost to Xero(Meta -Knight)
----------------------------------------------------
l3oOkeR

placed 24th out of 98 at the Connection Tour in Australia
-------------------------------------------------------------
speedsk8er

7th at a Raleigh Brawl tourney. Lost to a Lucario player.

2nd place at a play-n-trade tourney. Lost to Karn's Donkey Kong.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee1

Melee1 ($385.00) at Gamelot Tourney

took first in austin tourney - won $110
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hylian

Hylian ($55.00) at Gamelot Tourney
-------------------------------------------------------------
B0NK

C3 Presentz: Inui Sucks - Ashburn, VA

13th out of 20 lost to SSR's peach
-------------------------------------------------------
Nintendogs

4th place in a soCal tourney with about 60 - 70 people

3rd of 76. lost to a snake who committed suicide on the third match
--------------------------------------------------------------------
LinkinParkmetre

Bushido Impact
France

3rd/4th of 64
-----------------------------------------------------
KRDSonic

HOBO 8 at Planet Zero. Houston, Texas. (grr... chain grabs limited to 3 grabs here)
25th out of 88
I lost in the winner's bracket to Sethlon's Falco, and in the looser's bracket to Blue J's Ike.

And I went only ICs for that tourny

Nintendude

Smash Hero
XI. E. S. T. I. C. L. E.: 4th of 53
Wallingford, CT
Lost to Cort (Snake) and omegablackmage (Mr. G&W)

Montage Presents No Nonsense 2: 9th of 62
Princeton, NJ
Lost to Atomsk (Diddy Kong) twice >_>

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Charlotte, NC

Charlotte, NC

Charlotte, NC

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Charlotte, NC

Charlotte, NC

Charlotte, NC
You live in North Carolina? DUUUUUUUDE!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177560

Go to this tournament! And come to Jubilee! Show them how a real IC plays. :D

Oh yeah and... 7th at a Raleigh Brawl tourney. Lost to a Lucario player. I got too anxious. >_<

2nd place at a play-n-trade tourney. Lost to Karn's Donkey Kong. I was playing CF. If I had played IC, he would've played ROB. I've gone against his ROB before. D: Never again.

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
trying to keep this page at the top so people will enter their tourney results

also when i get into a tourney ill be in it as (Gimpt) so just letting you know

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME THREAD!

This will also show how our fellow ics are doing in tournaments. Below is the link to the biggest tourney win with iceclimbers so far. I also two stocked Hylian in ic dittos in this tournament. When you look at the results it says he only play game and watch which is not true. I got 1st only using the iceclimbers and now I have a chance for best in TEXAS! This tourney had the best players in texas and ICE Climbers took 1st.

This thread will give us an idea if the iceclimbers are actully contenders and so far the only character that gives me any trouble is MK.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179120

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IC dittos are stupid :(.

Also, I have the biggest tourny win with IC's. There were only 55 people at that tournament. I won some 80+ ones >_>.

Also, I knocked practically every MK out of thst tournament lol. And I only used ICs vs you and once VS Roy. I went almost all GW.
Not to mention I have never lost to infinity >_>. Who you consistantly lose to.

Just sayin.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
IC dittos are very boring. lol :)

I only use iceclimbers. You have never beat infinity with ice climbers once. You played game and watch. The tournament victory you speak of doesnt count when you mainly use game and watch. With 55 entrants means more when you got the entire best frrom Texas. I also got second place at A-kon Dallas which had 128 ENTRANTS using only the iceclimbers. This thread is for Ice climbers players and not game and watch players.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IC dittos are very boring. lol :)

I only use iceclimbers. You have never beat infinity with ice climbers once. You played game and watch. The tournament victory you speak of doesnt count when you mainly use game and watch. With 55 entrants means more when you got the entire best frrom Texas. I also got second place at A-kon Dallas which had 128 ENTRANTS using only the iceclimbers. This thread is for Ice climbers players and not game and watch players.
A-Kon was single elimination lmfao. And I used ICs in the grand finals the other tournaments never losing a match with them. Just because I also use G&W, doesn't mean my wins don't count. Especially when I use climbers over half my matches.

Either way :/.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
How about you Texas guys stop boasting; you live in a much less talented region (nothing against Texas, it's just plain true). Where I come from, some combination of PC Chris, Cort, Azen, Chillin, m2k, and Chu are at every tournament. There's even a ton of amazing not-as-big names, like dmbrandon, Forte, Atomsk, omegablackmage, Plank, Velocity, and many more. Getting top-10 in a Texas tournament is nothing like getting top-10 at an East Coast tournament, and winning an EC tournament is nearly impossible.

iceclimbersinfinent, you forgot to put who I lost to in the montage tournament.

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
How about you Texas guys stop boasting; you live in a much less talented region (nothing against Texas, it's just plain true). Where I come from, some combination of PC Chris, Cort, Azen, Chillin, m2k, and Chu are at every tournament. There's even a ton of amazing not-as-big names, like dmbrandon, Forte, Atomsk, omegablackmage, Plank, Velocity, and many more. Getting top-10 in a Texas tournament is nothing like getting top-10 at an East Coast tournament, and winning an EC tournament is nearly impossible.

oh sorry, ill get that now

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
A-Kon was single elimination lmfao. And I used ICs in the grand finals the other tournaments never losing a match with them. Just because I also use G&W, doesn't mean my wins don't count. Especially when I use climbers over half my matches.

Either way :/.
I'd like to play you sometime if your interested. You are my brawl hero lol. I'm preety good, I'd like to think I'm almost as good as you but I can't be sure :/ :ohwell:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

How can you possibly compare regions when there hasn't been a national tournament?

I agree with you that East Coast tournaments have many talented players, much more-so then Texas. It's EASY to get top ten in most texas tournaments.

Top 3 on the other hand is a different story. I am confident that Roy_R could place top 10 in an east coast tournament.

It's strange, but our top players are leauges better then everyone else in texas. The skill gap is huge. I'm not trying to boast about anything. 99% of Texas sucks ***. But our top 5ish players can basically 3 stock everyone else in the state lol. I believe we are very talented players.

I still think EC is by far the most skilled region though.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Man I would go to Genesis Remix on Saturday in Daly City, but I have to go fishing with my family, which is fun, but brawl is fun too...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
How can you possibly compare regions when there hasn't been a national tournament?

I agree with you that East Coast tournaments have many talented players, much more-so then Texas. It's EASY to get top ten in most texas tournaments.

Top 3 on the other hand is a different story. I am confident that Roy_R could place top 10 in an east coast tournament.

It's strange, but our top players are leauges better then everyone else in texas. The skill gap is huge. I'm not trying to boast about anything. 99% of Texas sucks ***. But our top 5ish players can basically 3 stock everyone else in the state lol. I believe we are very talented players.

I still think EC is by far the most skilled region though.
Actually, I was really hoping that you'd go to CH3 so that I could see for myself. DSF, arguably WC's best player, came over here and struggled against even our non-elites, and while I know this isn't really saying much, WC is historically better than Texas.

It's time we stop talking about this now though and just wait for Texas to travel. You guys should attend CH4 if you can:)

btw that massive skill gap sounds pretty funny actually >_>

B0NK

Smash Lord
Just did a NoVA C3 tourney. I not sure of my exact result so there's no point in putting anything in the OP. What I do know is that it wasn't that great and I got knockout by SSR's Peach. Just a tip for anybody using Ice Climbers trying to play a peach, don't bother trying to grab her unless she is grounded, which is almost never (And if the Peach you play stays grounded too often, take advatage and go for the grab). Sadly by the time I realized this it was too late. I only got one grab the entire set which resulted in a KO and by that time I was still had a large percentage gap to catch-up. Yes, this was a Peach with some Climber experience and knew how to use her float to stay out of grab range and attack/approach. In this match-up it's best to use your desyched blizzards to attack and get a grab while she is floating. Whatever you do don't bother trying to sheild grab her aerials since a good Peach will know how to stay out of range and keep attacking. I underestimated a good Peach and found out the hard way. Just some advice if any of you have play a good peach since that was my first time ever playing one. (And I'm sure Miller knows this already since he plays NikoK often.)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
an ice climbers main named Michael recently got first at a large norcal tournament in Grapevine, beating Meep and Dizzy.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Take me out of that please. I didn`t even use ICs in that tournament...
Hylian, you did use the ice climbers. I two stocked your ICs in tournament with my ICs. In the same tourney people said you used him even against Roy R. Overall you still did good by getting third.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, you did use the ice climbers. I two stocked your ICs in tournament with my ICs. In the same tourney people said you used him even against Roy R. Overall you still did good by getting third.
I used IC's twice the entire tournament. Once vs you and once vs Roy_R..

So no, I didn't really use them. And stop being so ****ing condescending.

Top Bottom