• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice climbers = too good

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
Learn when and how things are banned.

This isn't overwhelming given all their disadvantages. So, until this dominates tournaments, you have two options. (until it is banned.)

Play Ice Climbers.
Avoid getting grabbed.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
you obviously haven't played a IC who did the infinite chain grab, its worse than dysynching. At least you got to play the guy. The infinite is "beatable" by "not getting grabbed". however as people start to see at much as i have ( I mastered it just to show our toury director that its inescapable and im going to upload some ream matches I 3-0 people in.) you will realize IC true brokenness, what was done to you i consider though cheap, legitimate.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Those are very good ICs, but I was honestly more impressed by the Falcon. Yeah, he got 3-stocked, but that was some good stuff in the first match.

The only videos I've seen where crazy desyncs have worked is against this Falcon and a Peach. Let me know when this works on MK, D3 or SNAAAAAAAAAAKE.

Finch

Smash Lord
It looks like falcon still owns ICs. That is, until he gets infinite grabbed. But yeah, impressive falcon and cool desyncs. (see what I did there?)

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Learn more about the Ice Climbers before you call them cheap. They are the easiest character to gimp in the game; its even easier to gimp them than Olimar. They can't properly shield or air dodge when desynched. They can't perfect shield because Nana is always 6 frames behind Popo. When Nana is separated from Popo, she doesn't even attempt to dodge, air dodge, or avoid the opponent.

Learn how to fight the Ice Climbers and they aren't so broken.

The Ice Climber in that video was pretty predictable and messed up on a lot of grab combos. There are other videos that do the Ice Climbers more justice.

Edit: Sweet shirt Slacker!

Top Bottom