• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Sweet Spot?

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Alright, I know I am kind of new to this board, and have posted a few things that may or may not have been worthy of posting, but this thread is mainly for the purpose of proposing a question.

I have been using the IC for awhile now, and am technically maining them. They have slowly over taken Zelda for me and have steadily grown a larger space in my heart for them. A favorite tactic of mine and everyone's i bet is the grab-->smash!

My question is this, where EXACTLY is the sweet spot on their hammers, because sometimes...prolly half the time...when i grab/smash the opponent goes flying directly sideways and sometimes angled down. This is with a side smash while grabbing. I have noticed that it happens most when the opponent slips away from Popo's grip and then is hit by the second smash from Nana.

Is the sweet spot the very tip of the mallet or hammer, where the nub at the end is, or is it closer, or what. I would love to master the spacing on the sweet spot, it would be so much fun sending enemies flying staight sideways at %'s like 60 and 70.

Is this sweet spot my imagination, or have any of you figured this out?

Binx

Smash Master
I think it does exist towards the end of the hammers, but how you describe it I would put it on bad DI as well.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Well it may be that partially...but the speed they fly off at is that of a sweet spotted smash...like instead of going diagonally up and to the side....its straight across at a speed that leave DI out of the question for saving yourself, lol, its awesome when it happens i actually just won a tourney match with it......it sent falco off of SV straight sideways at around 75%.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure where the sweet spot on their hammer is; it might just be the whole hammer head. I do know that if you are too close to your opponent when you smash, and you hit them with the shaft of the hammer, there is not much knock back and they fly the wrong way. That part definitely is not the sweet spot.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Im just gonna start playing q;uick matches and saving replays until i get one with it on it to show everyone, cause i feel its hard to beleive without vid proof.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
alright, i found a video online that has what im talking about in it....this IS NOT MY VIDEO, i just happened across this...

The part im talking about is at about 00:53 seconds into the vid....the IC in this vid owned the C Falcon in the beginning, makes me proud haha. here's the link-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJlcMx5nwEk

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
The sweet spot is exactly two thirds out on the head of the hammer, however with dmash, you will hit the opponent in the sweet spot when he is right next to you.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
The end of their hammers, halfway through their attacking frames is the dead on sweetspot for their attacks. Obviously there are often a few frames either side of this middle section as well but for smashes, aerials and therefore their meteor smash, halfway through their attack at the end of their hammers. DI is almost definately what's causing the unwanted angles your oppenents are being launched at though. Psy.

Top Bottom