• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers: New Game?

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
that link isn't working for me....

Ice climbers game....
what is unique about the ice climbers?

would they just explore everywhere?
It doesn't seem too much amusement, kind of reminds me of super mario sunshine...
'

I dunno if it's real, but it looks so awsome. :chuckle:

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
Nintendo may not be making an Ice Climbers game, but I am.
Im working on it at the moment.
The storyline is that Popo and Nana have been seperated when an avalanche knocked them down to the bottom of icicle mountain.
You can play as Popo, whose adventure focuses on combat and climbing, or Nana, whose adventure focuses on problem solving and exploring.
The only problem I have faced so far is sprites. If anyone knows where I can find some sprites (or would like to help with the game) , email me at:

limeart@live.com.au

I need all the help I can get.
The game is being produced by Limeart Studios TM, which has one member (me).
Please join and bring back the ice climbers!

~Lime

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
'

I dunno if it's real, but it looks so awsome. :chuckle:
PHOTOSHOPPED!!!
I kid, that looks pretty real, but I dunno how fun the game play will be...

I dig zelda and hope they'll make an MMO-zelda game so that I can be awesome with a cool mix of weapons.
But all i see in the ice climbers is explore, explore, and more exploring...

-no reaction times, no strategy, you can't get good at it

Thus, as much as I want to see the ice climbers in a triumphant return,
all I see for them is them farting around and exploring...

2d game would probably work out better sort of like a mix of knuckles gameplay from sonic, and yoshi's island

Or maybe it will be so inovative, not even i can tell what is gunna happen...
-That would be sweet :)

Kips

Smash Ace
Hehe, it'd be awesome to play a Zelda-esque game for them. Could involve switches, ice puzzles, epic boss battles, a sexy love story (Oh you just KNOW Popo's got it in for Nana) and of course... DESYN- erm, hammer action. Yes, hammering stuff. Jolly good.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Actually that screenshot does look photoshopped. Not to burst anyone's bubble. After all, that would be awesome if it was a real screenshot from a game or something. I'd be jumping out of my seat right now. xD

But it doesn't look very 3D. The style is too painterly. Nothing in the picture looks 3D other than the green arrow and their face icons. You can tell that the rocks, mountain and aurora are painted. And the health bars are obviously photoshopped as well. There are pixels around the edges.

Still, kudos to whoever did it. It looks like it would be a good idea for a real game. :D I wouldn't be mad.

I do hope they make an IC game for the Wii. The graphics would be amazing and imagine the gameplay with the wiimote!

626key

Smash Journeyman
maybe it could be like a village developer, you travel to different mountains and help establish villages there

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
No, it's not real. I even wrote that it is a mock-up in the description of the picture. If it was real, don't you think that some game site would know it by now?

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
While I think it'd be great to have new Ice Climbers and Kid Icarus games, it's going to be difficult (this statement more for IC). It's going to take alot of work to build a world for them.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping they would do some sort of Balloon Fighter, Ice Climber and Clu Clu Land sequels all on 1 DS cart since they'd be pretty small.

Now with Wiiware, a sequel to Ice Climbers might be a reality.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it would be best for ice climbers, ballon fighters, kid icaris, etc to have new games on DS's

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Yes, DS games would be much more likely, as they take less time and resources to develop. It would be a risk to create Wii games for such lesser franchises.

626key

Smash Journeyman
plus, it wouldn't seem natural to bring in an old game on a new system, like introduce it on a hand held to see how the public reacts, and if its good enough put it on the wii, or at the least the next system

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers was an awesome game for NES... just had to be born by then to know it was a great game :p

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
i like that idea except replace ice climbers with pit and replace mountains with underground and replace forementioned items with bows wings and other of pits things (hey cool, i rhymed)
as u can tell i like the idea of a new pit game but ice climbers would be cool too. i guess u could even play co-op as a good selling piont

626key

Smash Journeyman
it could make the best seller list or bomb, the best way to tell is to put the game on the DS to see, I think they did the same thing with cooking mama

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
it wouldnt need to be the same gameplay as the old one. they could take it to a zelda like level, with different items and enemies and storylines. they could visit different mountains and villages and towns etc.

626key

Smash Journeyman
it wouldnt need to be the same gameplay as the old one. they could take it to a zelda like level, with different items and enemies and storylines. they could visit different mountains and villages and towns etc.
maybe introduce a antagonist, maybe a village

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers was an awesome game for NES... just had to be born by then to know it was a great game :p
Not necessarily. I was born in 1994, and i have played many of the old games that people expect me to have no idea about. I have the original Ice Climbers, Mario Bros, and many other awesome oldies (anyone remember adventure island?).

Anyway, my dad bought a pirate copy ness thing, a N64 controller with less buttons, and no analog stick. It had 62 nes games which i played and loved, not to mention some of the G&W games i've played (my uncle has an original greenhouse game).

So maybe the younger players dont have as much nostalgia for the Ice Climbers, I still remember the firstt time I beat that game, when I was 4.

So, yes it is a great game, and some people who weren't born back then love it too.
But, a lot of people my age say Ice Climbers and Mr G&W are dumb, because they're from games no-one has ever heard of, the same thing with pit, just not as much about pit.

I havent played Kid Icarus, but I have seen Pit (known as Kid) on the show, Captain N: The Game Master..

So I appreciate the appearance of these old characters, even though I wasnt around in their prime, I still remember playing these games as a kid.

juki

Smash Cadet
i never heard about them before brawl.

but u can get the oldest ice climbers game for wii

Kips

Smash Ace
Hence why we are praying for an awesome mario-esque new one for them. The Ice Climbers seem innovative enough to create a great adventure game for them, and with their popularity in Melee it seems that they hopefully might get it.

Kips

Smash Ace
The Ice Climbers deserve their own epic game. The Ice Climbers Tetris is not epic. The Ice Climbers Helping Old Ladies Across The Street is not epic. Epic is 'THE ICE CLIMBERS: SNOWY MOUNTAIN' where they defeat their new nemesis, the Abominable Snowman and crush his skull with their hammers and devour his organs.

Top Bottom