• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers + items = yay?

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I realize that no one here plays with items.

(Assuming GCN controller with default controls)
If Nana holds a green shell and you press Z in mid-air, you jump on the shell and basically get an extra jump. Same with springs.
If both Ice Climbers (maybe just Nana?) holds a motion sensor device and you press Z in midair, you make an explosion that hurts opponents but not you.
Double Golden Hammer + Timer = lol (at least in training mode. Does move decay affect hitstun?). How you're going to get this, though, I have no idea. And the opponent can probably smash DI out, but it's still cool.
Two fans are more hax than one (obviously).
And lastly, the Ice Climbers can heal each other with the team healer.

Have any of these been discovered yet?

Gichan

Smash Champion
That's crazy! I do not play with items so I wouldn't know though if they have been discovered, still,that is awesome!

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I have been toying around with this idea for a while, and I didn't know were else to put it so perhps I could start it here. I have had an idea to try and work items into tourny play for a while and here is a list that I think might work.
Final Smashes-These, unlike most other items, don't give your character a skill that they were not ment to have. i.e. Marth has no projectile, but if he picks up a blaster then he is given some trait that he was not supposed to have. It also doesn't give you an instant advantage for spawning near it. It has to take about 30% before it breaks, and will move when hit. This opens up many strategies as to whether you should hit it or wait for them to weaken it first, and then steal it.
Smoke Ball-This although does give you an instant projectile just for spawning next to it, but if you do hit your opponent with this 10% dmg projectile then you will be less likely to be able to tell what it is that he is doing. This brings in the strategy of whether it is better to use for that extra percent in exchange for increasing your opponents mind-games, or not. So what seemed to be a strickt advantage for spawning next to an item turns out to actually add a new level of strategy.
Mr. Saturn-when thrown he will deal about 9%? with very little knock-back, but if you can get your opponent to shield this little guy then it should weaken it emensly. This adds to strat by trying to decide whether it is better to use it for a bit of percent, or if you can mind-games them into shielding to get the shield break.
Dragoon-This is almost self expalnitory, you don't truelly gain anything unless you manage to get, and hold onto all three pieces. It would take a ridculous amount of luck for someone to have all three spawn near them without having one of them knocked out of them in between the spawns. So this item takes a certain level of skill to actually make useful.
Bannana-it only does about 7% when hit with it and 0% for slipping on it. Slipping is something that is already in the game regardless of this item. So it doesn't add anything that the smashers don't deal with already, and it takes a skilled smasher to follow the tech-chase of the bannana to trully achieve anything.

Now to make this post relevent, Nana stays on the stage and chases the enemies down while Popo is aiming the cross hairs of the dragoon. It's really cool. So what do you guys think?

Gichan

Smash Champion
It is a great idea especially for casual gamers to come into the picture. I saw the first item-on tourney match in Wifiwars though I don't know how it went.

Top Bottom