• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC vs mario....what?

Nikwadtkhil

Smash Cadet
so i'm having serious issues with mario opponents, at first I though it might just be skill level but i've fought around 6 mario's and have been forced to switch out to a secondary every time.

my main issues are:

1. d-smash prevents me from getting a grab in ever
2.forward smashes range messes me up constantly
3. cape>Ice blocks/blizzard
4.cape>squall recovery
5.dair to D-smash gets me every time i don't space correctly
6.flood messes with my approach
7. spot dodging results in me getting tilted right after a smash

I'm thinking it might just be because they were online because i never fail against marios offline and in tornys but........any help would be appreciated with my dilemma :confused:

Miller

Smash Lord
Okay well

1) Your probably trying to shield grab him when this happens right? Well shield for longer, his dsmash will hit your shield so you just get pushed away or you can grab again
2) Just remember the range and remember what situations mario players will use it in.
3)I dont think the cape is fast enough to stop two desynced ice blocks, and try to use blizzard when they're approaching, so they're in a situation where they cant use it
4)Don't use squal to recover then, use Belay more often
5)Well when you see a dair coming, shield it and keep holding it so the dsmash hits it. Sooner or later they'll start to grab so watch out for that
6)It isnt hard to avoid getting hit by flood =\
7)Dont spot dodge then, shield and roll away if you must, remember you can just use your ftilt aswell to try and outspeed them

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
I personally dont have trouble with this. My bro mains mario, and uses great approaches and spaces correctly. But when I play my IC's correctly he doesnt bother me too much.

But today he destroyed me. I know why I lost, my grabs were terrible, and everything just didnt go as planned

Top Bottom