• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Videos :D with Commentary :D

j3ly

Smash Champion
Here are a few videos of my Ic's!

I play them casually; most of the people i play with regularly are very casual players, and are too easy to land grabs on. These matches are my first matches against players who regularly attend tournaments.

The original idea was there would be 4 of us, 2 would commentate the other 2 playing. Unfortunatly my friend got 4 stocked twice by deathgazer, and promptly went home. Deathgazer couldent commentate so i ended up chatting **** into the mic for the entire night :D

I enjoyed it.

Anyway, only 1 vid for now because internet is slow atm and i dont want to upload them all, but i think i played 3 full sets with ICs's (it was mostly falco on falco all night) which i will upload here in due course.

Comments and ratings of my IC's are much appreciated! :D

Set 2 Match 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDvSpp5GjG4 j3ly(IC's) vs deathgazer(falco)

more vids are on the way as we speak, i have 6 roy games in a que atm so it might be a while. And i might end up going out so you may have to search my profile if they are not here within 3 hours

Binx

Smash Master
You need to slow down a little when you land those grabs, be more careful, he doesnt know how to get out of dthrow dairs so if your gonna use them just do it to kill percent and end those stocks. Other than that I feel like your combo escape DI could use some work. Some of the things your doing to land grabs shouldnt work but it is so keep it up vs this person at least.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
LOL why do pichu players end up playing as ice climbers? I think it's because pichu's grab game is better than pikachu's and ice climbers and pichu are very boucey when they walk.

but I saw that at one point you ran keep in mind for ice climbers you rarly ever run wding is much faster and gives you more options like wd up-tilt can be useful. Also maybe it's because of the map but maxing out your wd is important.

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol binx i dont think you quite understand how hard it is to fight deathgazer, people who have played both say he is much more technical than that dude... whats his name. that german guy.. dammit!!

taj, nah... urrrr yeaaaaah i remeber now kjab. not smarter, but alot more technical ingame than kjab. however i was told at a tournament last month that i need to work on anti-combo DI. so ill take that into consideration, even if it is only my IC's thankyou :)

ICG that is exactly the kind of advise i wanted. who knows what message you were trying to convey when you talk about grabs but the WD advise is perfect, ill (potentially) throw a few games learning how to get their dashing-perfect WD down.

TY for the advise guys.

ps... he learned to SDI out of downthrow dair :'(
a sad moment for me

i did however manage to take 3 stocks off my crew mate with only popo. It was pretty gay, be sure of this lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
i cant upload vids at my house :(

stupid wireless connection, with 3 laptops a computer and a ps3 all leaching from it. i have to put vids on a memory stick and take them to a friends to upload which is longggg ill do it sometime this week tho.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
If he can smash DI it well, just do the ledge chain grab, I found this kinda difficult to learn but I've started to get the hang of it. Trust me he wont know wtf to do! My ICs are definitely getting better that smakis guy showed me a couple tactics (did you play him at the monthly?) and I've been trying to get them on lock.

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeah i ***** him in teams and friendlies

cmon man mario doesnt loose to IC's! jump onto a platform and your ****ed.

bigupppp OOC

Binx

Smash Master
If he SDI's out of throws now you get to do one chain grab to a VERY badly DIed fsmash and mix it up. even at 40% di down and away vs our fsmash could kill fox from certain parts of the stage.

j3ly

Smash Champion
playing spacies is horrible vs IC's!! its irrelevant because mario seems to have a better matchup when i play it, but still falco/fox vs IC's is difficult.

Top Bottom