• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me with this...

Fudgebucket21

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I wondering if anybody could make me a normal Project M 3.02, except with Theytah's Build's costumes. I'd like everything else to be normal Project M, just Theytah's Character costumes. I've been trying for a while to no avail.If someone could make me this and like me to it I'd be very thankful. Thank you.

Azide

Smash Rookie
Okay, so basically what you're gonna do is download Theytah's Build and Project M 3.02. Then, you're gonna copy the "fighter" folder from Theytah's build and paste it into the folder holding the "fighter" folder on your own clean 3.02 build. It should ask you if you want to merge the folders- say yes and then let it overwrite all of the folders and costumes inside. You should now have all of the costumes from Theytah's build. Now, take the common5.pac from the "system" folder of Theytah's build and have it overwrite the default common5 in your own build. This should now give you the proper character portraits on the select screen. Now finally, go to "info" and copy the "portrite" folder from Theytah's build and have it overwrite the same folder from your own copy of Project M. This should now give you the proper portraits while you're actually in the matches. Good luck, and hopefully I didn't miss anything!

Gecko1931

Smash Rookie
Okay, so basically what you're gonna do is download Theytah's Build and Project M 3.02. Then, you're gonna copy the "fighter" folder from Theytah's build and paste it into the folder holding the "fighter" folder on your own clean 3.02 build. It should ask you if you want to merge the folders- say yes and then let it overwrite all of the folders and costumes inside. You should now have all of the costumes from Theytah's build. Now, take the common5.pac from the "system" folder of Theytah's build and have it overwrite the default common5 in your own build. This should now give you the proper character portraits on the select screen. Now finally, go to "info" and copy the "portrite" folder from Theytah's build and have it overwrite the same folder from your own copy of Project M. This should now give you the proper portraits while you're actually in the matches. Good luck, and hopefully I didn't miss anything!
This was really helpful, only problem is the stage previews transfer as well somewhere in the process. Manually editing / transferring images in brawl stage manager after is the only solution I can find for this.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Naturally that's what you'd have to do. The stage previews are all inside of [system/common5.pac]. But stage manager is a great tool and is ridiculously simple compared to Brawlbox.

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet
This was really helpful, only problem is the stage previews transfer as well somewhere in the process. Manually editing / transferring images in brawl stage manager after is the only solution I can find for this.
Then export the sc_selmap from the regular build of PM and replace the one in theytahs build with brawlbox

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Step 1: Open 2 Stage Manager windows.

Step 2: File > change directory (on both).
In the 1st window - [SD/projectm/pf/stage/melee], or the one with Theytah's build you're using.
In the 2nd window - [same exact location, but in the untouched project m that you downloaded].

Step 3: In Window 2/the clean PM,
Right click > Export, all the stage icons/previews into a folder, and preferably name them all by stage name & type of icon.

Step 4: In Window 1/Theytah's/SD card,
Right click > Replace, all the images for the stages you want changed. And click save changes and it should show a progress bar.

That's it. Unless,
Step 5, if you haven't done so, copy the clean PM's [projectm/pf/stage] folder onto your SD card into the same location. Then you're ready to go with theytah's PM without the stages.

Gecko1931

Smash Rookie
Step 1: Open 2 Stage Manager windows.

Step 2: File > change directory (on both).
In the 1st window - [SD/projectm/pf/stage/melee], or the one with Theytah's build you're using.
In the 2nd window - [same exact location, but in the untouched project m that you downloaded].

Step 3: In Window 2/the clean PM,
Right click > Export, all the stage icons/previews into a folder, and preferably name them all by stage name & type of icon.

Step 4: In Window 1/Theytah's/SD card,
Right click > Replace, all the images for the stages you want changed. And click save changes and it should show a progress bar.

That's it. Unless,
Step 5, if you haven't done so, copy the clean PM's [projectm/pf/stage] folder onto your SD card into the same location. Then you're ready to go with theytah's PM without the stages.
Finally got it working. I'd upload the fully edited PM zip, but my terrible upload speed wouldn't agree. Here's all the stage MenSel previews extracted to their respective folders. www(dot)mediafire(dot)com/download/5ibne1hejindrog/PM_DEFAULT_STAGE_PREVIEWS.zip Anyone attempting this, continue from Step 4 and only do 5 if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom