• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wonder if I can stir things up for TSA somehow.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=561]I wonder if I can stir things up for TSA somehow.[/drupal]

It's been awhile since I've been around, keeping track of things in our community. For the past few months, TSA had been really inactive since my initial retirement at the beginning of 2008. Now that I've decided to come back full force, it's a little hard to swallow how the community's changed.

The most obvious change is Brawl, which has taken the community by storm since its release. I'm sure you all reacted the same way as I did when you first heard about it. When I played the game for the first time during Pound, I was amazed by how pretty and smooth everything looked. I thought that the community would benefit for the better.

These days, many people are simply bored by Brawl, which leads me to TSA's reaction. Probably about 5-10% of the crew is willing to play Brawl competitively, and even less so would want to travel.

Hell, I don't blame them. I'm not very fond of Brawl myself.

But now we're presented with what could be a possible problem. I would love it if we went back to our glorious Melee days, where things were exciting and fun. If the community is to move forward, however, we theoretically must move onto the next game as the main event or we risk jeopardizing our community, possibly watching it implode on itself. With the hundreds of people thriving to join everyday, the higher-ups simply won't allow that to happen and my feeling is that they will force Brawl to keep this community alive.

So now my feeling is to try and see if I can get TSA interested in Brawl again. Spammy says, "Good luck with that." I wholeheartedly agree. Not many TSA members are willing to pick up Brawl again, or ever if they had.

Some of you might be asking: why bother with Brawl? Why not just stick with Melee?

The truth is, if TSA were to make a presence in this community again, we need to make an impact on current events. That current event right now is Brawl, and as much as I dislike it myself, I need to do something to make it more exciting for TSA, and then maybe the community as a whole.

Notice my trend of asking about Brawl Doubles? Many of TSA don't mind and even vote for Brawl Doubles. Somehow, if I can get us all riled up about it, then maybe there's a strong future for us yet. Besides, if there was a way for us to find it, you bet your *** that I will.

Now if Melee does make it's amazing comeback, which I am also rooting for, you can be sure TSA will be there to rock your world, baby.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
They can play both games. I love Melee way more than Brawl, but I play Brawl at tournies for a few reasons. First off, tell your bois to just man up and see what Brawl has to offer. It may not be as good of a game, but that can be overlooked when you look at everything else about it.

BIGGER COMMUNITY- Brawl tournaments are for the most part, bigger than Melee tournaments. There's more cool people to meet, more communities to join and overall just more people to increase fun at tournaments.

MORE MONEY- Because there are more people, there is more money to be won at tournaments. Some people may not care about money, but I thought I'd throw it out there because a lot of people do.

FRESH GAME- Sure Melee may be a better game, but Brawl is newer. It may has have as much depth as Melee, but it does have plenty of things to discover and work on. Just the concept of discovering things, improving and using them in tournament is just like the early stages of Melee. It's harder to find things in Melee like that, despite that some people will argue to death that Melee still has tonnnnns more to learn.

DIVERSITY- Brawl gives diversity to the community...You can be amazing in Melee singles, bad in Brawl singles, amazing in Brawl doubles, bad in Melee doubles. Overall, it just keeps things interesting and fresh. It gives people more to work on, and despite what people say BRAWL IS NOT EASY TO BE THE BEST AT. It's also very different from Melee in terms of how skill is gauged. Melee you can **** people you can be good without placing really high etc...In Brawl, you have to be consistent, and it's much harder to be consistent in Brawl than it is in Melee. Really, it's 2 COMPLETELY different ways of improving and gauging your skill.

So yes, Melee may be the better game...But if your boys/members of TSA are really willing to give up friendship, excitement, and old times just because of how the game plays...Then that's just foolish, especially when Brawl does indeed have things to offer besides just gameplay.

Top Bottom