• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wonder how Sakurai feels about the DLC Poll Reactions

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
If we take into consideration all the effort that Sakurai and his team have put into Smash 4, how do you think Sakurai feels about having his brainchild grow into a game that is attracting attention from everyone everywhere on the internet, even other game developers? I know Sakurai says that he is getting tired of Smash because each successive installment has to be 100x better than the previous one, but do you think he would be happy that he's getting to give people some of the greatest gaming experiences of their lives? Do you think he enjoys seeing how happy people are when their favorite character is revealed, even if he has to toil over them for many long hours?

D

Deleted member 269706

I'm sure it brings him joy. Funny thing is, I highly doubt this Smash Ballot was his idea, and I highly doubt that he was in favor of making it a thing.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
All votes for non-vidya characters and characters unrelated to Nintendo will be disregarded.

The Poll is probably more of a method of gathering information, than a guarantee that the most-voted character will be implemented.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
Very disappointed.
Well you don't know that unless people are asking for stuff like

SHREKS
SONIC OC
BUBSYS
SQUIDWORD
DONKEY KONGS TIE
I'm sure it brings him joy. Funny thing is, I highly doubt this Smash Ballot was his idea, and I highly doubt that he was in favor of making it a thing.
As for if the smash ballot was his idea, probably not.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
"Hey, nobody votes on characters like :4wiifit:. I'm such a genious! Now, which character do I pick which they'll never expect..."

[laughs]

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If Sakurai went with Shrek, I'd consider him the ultimate master genius troll.

There's some chatter on Japanese DLC discussions that Sakurai should pick a hanafuda inspired character. Not a popular choice at all, but I've seen it come up a couple of times.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai is probably very disappointed with all the pointless character suggestions. He probably should've stated that the character suggestions have to originate from video games or Nintendo media.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
He really shouldn't have said ANY video game characters. :yeahboi:

As we get stuff like Goku who isn't really known for being just Nintendo, same with booty a.s.s shaking Shrek.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
People would still suggest joke characters even if Sakurai told them not to. I'm sure people are still suggesting non-video game characters on the poll.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
People would still suggest joke characters even if Sakurai told them not to. I'm sure people are still suggesting non-video game characters on the poll.
Considering that when the poll was released, the top search on Google when searching for the poll was not the poll itself, it was a website trying to get everyone to vote for Goku, I would say definitely.

Shrek's final smash:

Last edited:

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
He probably thinks a good amount of fans are complete idiots, with anime suggestions and suggestions of irrelevant third parties and third parties in general.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I recall seeing a Sakurai interview in a Japanese Event. He was with a Famitsu guy and Takamaru's VA. One of them said about Goku and Spongebob requests at Miiverse.
Sakurai: (laughs)

MainJPW

M.T.A
I think he is mad of seeing floods of Shrek, Goku, third parties and Geno.
I would be too; if your enough of a nintendo/smash fan to go to the website and vote in the first place, it should be no nonsense.
I mean LOGICALLY they know these characters won't ever get in; Sakurai has stated criteria a character needs to meet to be considered countless times, yet people still request impossible characters. :glare:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I can't imagine him taking it too seriously after some.... strange requests. *cough Shrek cough*

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if the many people who wrote and shown these joke post actually went as far as to really submitting them.....

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
"Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person."

Video-game. VIDEO-GAME. Not movie. Not TV. Not streaming service. Not comic book. Not anime. Not manga. VIDEO-GAME.

And yet people still suggest non-videogame characters. I'd say Sakurai would regret ever working on Smash in the first place.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
"Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person."

Video-game. VIDEO-GAME. Not movie. Not TV. Not streaming service. Not comic book. Not anime. Not manga. VIDEO-GAME.

And yet people still suggest non-videogame characters. I'd say Sakurai would regret ever working on Smash in the first place.
Shrek_the_Third_Coverart.png

famous-characters-troll-face-troll-face-me-gusta-51996.jpg

Kevin71

Smash Rookie
I doubt Sakurai sees any of this. He probably hired some interns and told them to get rid of the stupid suggestions and in the end will get some reports with names on them.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think he is mad of seeing floods of Shrek, Goku, third parties and Geno.
To be fair, Geno isn't that bad of a pick. He's popular, highly requested, and both of his appearences were on Nintendo systems.
Anyway, Sakurai is probably aghast at how incredibly idiotic some of the fans are. Now, I'm gonna go vote for Geno. BRB.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
This is really just another trick to make it look like he is appealing to people even though he really isn't, like he did to the competitive community with For Glory. Its not like he'll actually choose the highest voted character no matter what, in fact the format of the ballot is just asking to be manipulated. You are allowed to send in as many votes as you want. This means that someone can easily just create a program to send in thousands of votes for whatever character they want, meaning that the highest vote really just comes down to one person with some free time on their hands.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This is really just another trick to make it look like he is appealing to people even though he really isn't, like he did to the competitive community with For Glory. Its not like he'll actually choose the highest voted character no matter what, in fact the format of the ballot is just asking to be manipulated. You are allowed to send in as many votes as you want. This means that someone can easily just create a program to send in thousands of votes for whatever character they want, meaning that the highest vote really just comes down to one person with some free time on their hands.
I really dont understand this whole ballot thing either......
I completely agree

Top Bottom