• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I WON!!!!! Gamestop Tourney victory!!!

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
Freaking random tournament mode with Ice Climbers. But yeah made to the second match then lose to someone's Wario's final smash. My friend just won a somewhat wrestling trophy guy....LOL. Have fun though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
its true, there were only two good people other than me at my gamestop, but they fought each other (meta-knight vs Samus) and i only had to fight the samus in the finals.

and the trophy is really weird. its a kid that looks like he's wrestling and it says

Smash Bros. - Local Legend of Wreckage

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
It can vary drastically.
Mine was 1 on 1, medium items, always Battlefield, any age can enter, waited outside in 13 degree weather until your next match, didn't get to pick your character, and you were stuck with that character throughout the tournament. I was Bowser, lost in the semifinals against the winner. (he was Pit)

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
lol, not was mine only forcing people to use the nun-chuk...

but, they preset our characters at random, we couldn't choose characters, in the default tournament setting

Grodus5

Smash Rookie
I made it to the semifinals with Lucas an was beat by a Mario that won the tourney. I missed my PK Fire in SUdden Death and couldn't get my sheild up fast enough. That and I didn't know what button jumped:(

LoNekthx

Smash Rookie
Tourney I was in was 34 people. 1v1 1 min matches. No items. Gamecube controllers =)

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
From what I've heard and saw, the Gamestop tournaments were a complete sham. Absolutely no organization and no decided format. The one I went to had no controller explanation, 3-minute 1v1 with items. Anyone who hoped for a half-decent tournament got poked in the eyes, hard.

1st - Ike, my friend. Upon actually knowing the controls, I beat his pants off a good 9/10 times when we got back to my place.
2nd - Pit, random guy. Actually knew what he was doing, but Ike is simply VERY good with the small ball concerned. Only takes him 1-2 hits to break, does a LOT of damage, all of the matches were on Battlefield and he never failed to 1-hit with a Final Smash or connect. It was pathetic to watch. Ike got the small ball 4 times and got 4 KOs. Pit never got it and had 3 KOs.
3rd - Peach, some downer who had been playing the import for a week or so.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I got so ****ed up at my GS tourney. The people running it had no clue what they were doing. Half of the people who showed up and were Melee fans had their GC controllers but the employees wouldn't let us use them. Nobody could even figure out how to grab with the Wiimote until the third round of matches. To make it worse, we had to play with random chars (i think that's how it was supposed to be, but WAIT! IT GETS WORSE!) The employees couldn't keep track of the players, so everyone ended up rotating into the wrong brackets, and to top it all off, you never played as 1 character consistently because they couldn't run a ****ing bracket themselves and we were stuck in tournament mode. I made it to the third round and just had my *** handed to me. Gamestop is a huge failure when it's run by non-gamers.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
I got so ****ed up at my GS tourney. The people running it had no clue what they were doing. Half of the people who showed up and were Melee fans had their GC controllers but the employees wouldn't let us use them. Nobody could even figure out how to grab with the Wiimote until the third round of matches. To make it worse, we had to play with random chars (i think that's how it was supposed to be, but WAIT! IT GETS WORSE!) The employees couldn't keep track of the players, so everyone ended up rotating into the wrong brackets, and to top it all off, you never played as 1 character consistently because they couldn't run a ****ing bracket themselves and we were stuck in tournament mode. I made it to the third round and just had my *** handed to me. Gamestop is a huge failure when it's run by non-gamers.
Mine was pretty organized, actually. It was Wiimote/Nunchuck, but they had instructions on a sign for everyone to see before we got to play. We also got to vote on whether or not to keep items on or off, and when we used Tournament Mode, the manager kept track of who was who on his list. It was pretty small, too (26 people), so it was simple and fun.

Top Bottom