• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wish Sakurai would build up a bit more before announcing characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I think part of why I've been reacting negatively to new characters is that I'm not expecting it. For example Diddy Kong. Sakurai should've posted a DK stage, a DK item, hinted at it a bit, then did Diddy. I just think characters aren't something he should brush aside like to a useless item or moves we already knew. Maybe some people like his spontaneousness, I don't.

I want to hear both sides of the arguement, what do you all think?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I like it to be unexpected, I don't think those things should be updated before the character. It's better to have the character randomly surprise you on a random night.

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
I like it this way. It feels more exciting this way you do not have to expect for a character to be released. It adds the a nice feel to it when something prominent does appear.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I really couldn't care less. Just show me all the goodies.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i like the surprise...
it makes me appreciate it it more after a week of really uninteresting updates...
but of course this means tonights update will be really boring in comparison...

Pima

Smash Journeyman
I like it to not know what I'm getting, it takes you out of the rutine, it may be boring otherwise

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman

You can't say you don't get all giggly inside when you see this. You know you love it! :laugh:
I kind of get an "oh lord..." feeling. Maybe I'm not being open enough to Sakurai's mysterious ways. I just don't understand why he didn't say anything at E3 07 which why I speculated a month before Ike came out that there were only going to be a few more characters. Anyway, my computer has weird resolution I guess, so I can't see the warning sign without seeing part of the picture, which I usually see first. This week I was like "WTF is that Diddy Kong when did he get in... oh."

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
He he announced or even hinted at the new characters ahead of time, it would've taken away some of the suspense and eventual surprise.

lol, for every update I make my window really small, go to smashbros.com then slowly make it bigger to reveal the surprise. First I see the colored bar, then the logo, then the title. It's fun, adds a bit more suspense. Plus my browser is also weird like yours sometimes.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
i like it as is , not knowing what to expect gives purpose to waiting for the update, if he made it obvious it would suck sum of that holy **** factor haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom