• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I will never be happy again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan smith

Smash Champion
It was you Matunas!

I should have known by your perceptive understanding and succinct explanation of the inner turmoil all Ness players have been feeling.

I agree with you about the correlation between Zelda's forward B and this mystery move as well....and you also raise a good point about the second picture, that it could be the end of a dash animation. I really hope tonight is a Lucas special move update to clear some of this up...or a ROBO-NESS character update...that would be schweeet.

I had to explain to my girlfriend tonight that Ness might not be returning. She has a vague understanding of the game....so it was hard on her...cause she dosen't understand that this new kid Lucas is related to Ness, and more importantly, might play like Ness. She dosen't really care how he plays...and she knows is that the kid with the hat might be gone. She also asked me a rediculous questions, she said:

"But what if Lucas is really good? You won't want to play him, right?"

I was like: "What?? I don't play Ness cause he's bad..."

Man, this Lucas update is bringing out the Ness players. Don't worry Matunas, we can play Lucas and still have fun if Ness is gone! It would actually be exciting to have a new character.

(like Robo-Ness...)

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
same here with dan.
I don't care if i don't main lucas or even secondary him.
if ness is in brawl, he will be my main.
if he's not, say hi to the best lucas main in the frucking world!!!

Levitas

the moon
If they took out the DJC it'd be more of a shock to me than if they took out Ness. And I'm just going as if Ness is already confirmed. Assuming Yoshi could DJC in 64 (I've never tried) there were two characters in 64. The makers of the game expanded the mechaning to four characters for melee, so I'd be really surprised if they took that game mechanic out now.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think what we're getting down to is what makes Ness special.

I will be fine with just Lucas if he is enough like Ness...the parameters for that are undefined though.

I guess mainly it's DJC, his Aerial game, his backthrow, speed/size/weight, and to a lesser extent, his specials and his ground game. His specials could be way different, his ground game could alter fairly drastically, but if he still jumps like Ness (moves like Ness) and throws out the mad aerial combos he'll play akin to his GGG-pa.

Weak, high priority moves, with a few hard to pull off killers. That's kind of the gimmick that Ness has in Smash Bros. Fair and Bair. Yoyo and Bat. PSI Magnet....and PK Flash. I mean, yeah, he has the strongest move in the game and the worst smash attack in the game at the same time.

That's what I love about playing Ness...you get in a lot of hits...and you have a lot of control, even though you don't rack up that much damage...and have to put a lot of effort into finally getting a KO.

If Lucas is like that, he could be fine without Ness. I wonder if they'll use the same voice actor.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
what an odd topic^_^ also: Lucas is a much easier cosplay....he already has the same haircut as i do...lol

oh and special message to Ademisk: Stop being a party-pooper and post shoutouts in the SCC results topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom