• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I was wrong" thread.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Okay, I've read my previous posts on this thread. They are overtly emotional to the point of irrationality.

King K.Rool DOES deserve to be in this game as a playable character. He has popularity, moveset, everything.

I was just salty because:
  1. I'm not too fond of the character, which is my problem
  2. I thought old characters were stealing the spotlight of rising stars. Again, subjective and we didn't see all newcomers.
  3. I'm kinda pissed how much hate characters I liked got last game, because they weren't K.Rool, but this doesn't give me right to do the same thing.
Overall, yep, I was wrong, I'll try to get used to him and focus on his good qualities. My apologises.

And congrats.
I know no one has posted in here for awhile and I just found this thread BUT that's a great generalization. Not all K.Rool fans just wanted K.Rool and no one else and not all K.Rool fans hated any other new character being added. I'm of the opinion that a character should get into Smash based on the merit of the character and whether they have a history with Nintendo regardless if they were created within the last year. K.Rool IMO does have that merit. He's DK's Bowser and should've been in Smash YEARS ago. A lot of us were fighting to have an injustice righted. I support MANY characters new and old. K.Rool, Ridley, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Krystal (before she was deconfirmed), Medusa/Hades, Captain Toad, Spring-Man/ARMS rep, Paper Mario, Isabelle, Chibi-Robo, Issac. I just like seeing both classic Nintendo characters and newer Nintendo characters duking it out to me that's the fun of Smash. To be salty that Ultimate is adding more fan favorites this time instead of the "most relevant" characters is silly to me considering that's EXACTLY what Wii U/3DS did added mostly new "relevant" characters. I think we really do need an even balance. Yes get the new characters in there to promote current games but bring back old characters like K.Rool, Duck Hunt, Pit, Ice Climbers, etc. to try and breathe new life into the characters/series. It really can work both ways believe it or not.

There's a few characters in Smash that I despise like Cloud and Snake because IMO they don't deserve to be in Smash given how little history with Nintendo they have. Yeah I've been mad as hell those 2 characters have gotten in before characters like Ridley, K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Chibi-Robo, etc. But I don't go into their threads making hate speech. Though I will give you props for having the balls to come in here and then apologize though and for the that you're A-okay in my book, friend!

Last edited:
Top Bottom