• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was in heaven for 5 mins

CYBER STEIN FTW

Smash Rookie
i have been playing SSB on N64 and its getting boring b.c i never lose w. captain falcon, kirby, or fox so teh game is getting boring. i decided to hook up my GC for once since 3 yrs ago when it stopped working. i hooked it up and put in SSBM and had the time of my life for 5 mins i sucked @ it since i havent touched a GC controller in3 yrs, but it was so much fun using fox.(i had hard time beating lv 8 computer bak then). then the dreaded cant read the super smash bro melee disk screen pops up. IM LIKE NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the disc is clean and this happens to all my GC disks. now it wont even read the disc now my GC is dead. So shud i buy a GC just to achieve this great feeling again or shud i save up for the Wii and just wait for Brawl? also does the Wii play GC games? Also how much is GC @ stores?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The Wii plays Gamecube games. No idea about prices, that'd vary from store to store. I'd advise just buying a Wii if you're going to get one anyway.

CYBER STEIN FTW

Smash Rookie
regarding the Wii does it have online capiabilities yet or there still in the works b.c i remember the guy from Nintendo sed it wuld be made this yr.

pdk

Smash Lord
used GCs are around $50, wiis are around $250 but mean being able to play brawl down the line

take your pick

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
The Wii would be a better choice for Wifi reasons. You can always sell your GC as you wont need it if you buy a Wii.

You can browse the Internet useing your Wii and do a few other things like see the Weather around the world, News around the world, and Theres the Poll channel where you can vote in polls made by other Wii owners. Wifi games for the Wii havn't come out yet in America, But June 25th Pokemon Battle Revolution comes out and that will be the first Wifi game for the US.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Mc Cloud. The Wii will probably be more worth your while, IF your going to buy other games such as PBR or SSBB, etc.

If your just getting it for SSBM, then definantly go for the 'cube... The thing is, online brawl is so rediculously tempting...

darknesszero

Smash Rookie
I believe the cube's laser that reads the certain portion of any disc is a bit too fragile and has a very short life. My cube currently pops up Disk Reading Errors every so often, which causes much frustration on anyone who's using it.

Or you could have a totally different problem.

Right now, among other things, I'm trying to save enough money to get myself a Wii, but there's news of DVD playback planned for the Wii, so I can wait quite a bit before I get myself one. So if you can, try to get a Wii.

And McCloud_Master, the once free browser won't be free for purchase anymore by the end of this month, if I remember correctly. However, to anyone that has already obtained the browser, it'll remain free for the rest of the Wii's life. This is just for everyone's information.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Trust me, once you go Wii, you won't think twice about taking your broken GC and chucking it from the highest point you can climb to, and watch it hit the ground with a satisfying smash. Wi-Fi in about 2 weeks. BRAWL. I rest my case.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
You can temporarily fix your Gamecube by recalibrating it's lense, here's a guide on it.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/gamecube_lens_calibrate.txt
Protip: If you're making the tool to open your gamecube then make sure you're using a crystal pen, like one of those see through hard pens that are hexagonal I think. When you melt the tip make sure that you are melting the side that the pen tip would come out of, and let it sit on the scew for about a minute or 2 then set it in some cold ice water.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Get a Wii if you want to play Brawl too.

before you do anything learn to spell.
1. That is mean.
2. You forgot to capitalize.
3. Do you know what is supposed to be between "anything" and "learn". Shall I give you a hint?
Is it punctuation?
4. That one liner has nothing to do with this thread; it is spam.

Pay 5000 LP
Summon Blue-eyes ultimate Dragon
Cast Metamorph on the dragon
gg
You left out a few steps:
4. Get naked.
5. Call your mom "Optimus Prime."

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Get a Wii if you want to play Brawl too.

You left out a few steps:
4. Get naked.
5. Call your mom "Optimus Prime."
And I think you left out some other steps.

6. Do a barrel roll.
7. It's a trap.

I'd get a gamecube, it's pretty cheap, and you don't want to completely suck when SSBB comes out.

~rh

Smash Lord
It is coming out this year, and as this year has 6 months left, I don't see how thats a long time.

Smash Master
Cyber Stein is broken and is rightfully banned. It spawned an era where you could basically reveal your opening hands, determine a winner, and move on to game 2. Shame on your user name. You may as well say Yata Garasu FTW. Bah. :)

ISeeTheLight

Smash Rookie
Lol, i'm reading this thread on my Wii now. Definately save up for a Wii, you can play ssbm on it. And brawl when it comes out. [and i hope ssb64 comes out on VC ilove that game]. And mentioned before, the Wii can do loads, and has twice the power of a GCN. So not as much freezing? Wow that took a while to type with a wiimote...

Top Bottom