• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wanted a confimation about this

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I have heard a rumor that someone hacked a brawl copy and found unfinished characters/character models(unusable) that were mewtwo, roy, plusle/minun combo, toon and zelda/ toon shiek combo (I know toon shiek never existed, but neither did twighlight shiek). I wanted to know if this rumor was true, I know that it is probably fake (90% probability, I dont even know why I am even asking about it TBH) but I just felt like it was something worth questioning about. but, like I said, there is a very good chance I am just beng stupid and curious about it. feel free to flame me, or whatever, I just felt like something like this was worth noteing.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
yes, there is data in Brawl of those characters. i dont know the details of it, i just know that its true.

EDIT: actually now im not so sure. im pretty sure i saw proof of it somewhere, but i cant be 100% certain.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Yes, their data is in the game's code. Including Dixie Kong and Dr. Mario.
They are all listed as Fighters, and have more bits of data on the game than even regular Sheik (who is playable).

I just wish they were accessable... maybe in the future.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
I have heard a rumor that someone hacked a brawl copy and found unfinished characters/character models(unusable) that were mewtwo, roy, plusle/minun combo, toon and zelda/ toon shiek combo (I know toon shiek never existed, but neither did twighlight shiek). I wanted to know if this rumor was true, I know that it is probably fake (90% probability, I dont even know why I am even asking about it TBH) but I just felt like it was something worth questioning about. but, like I said, there is a very good chance I am just beng stupid and curious about it. feel free to flame me, or whatever, I just felt like something like this was worth noteing.
They're called partially programmed modules, at least according to the fellow internet breathren.

Dixie
Dr. Mario
Roy
Toon Zelda
Toon Sheik
Pra Mai (Plusle/Minum)
Mewtwo

Were all rumored to have existed as partially programmed but completely unusable.

And of course someone may have quelled this rumor entirely...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
well if it is true this is a IF, then I am glad they did try to incorperate these characters.(all except doctor mario, no real need for him) as they would have been good additions.(not sure about dixie kong, but DK does need more reps.) especialy mewtwo, he was one of my favorites from melee, and I wished so much he was in the game. I guess I technicaly(maybe) got my wish, hes IN the game(supposedly), but sadly not playable... if not then oh well, its still a good game.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
well if it is true this is a IF, then I am glad they did try to incorperate these characters.(all except doctor mario, no real need for him) as they would have been good additions.(not sure about dixie kong, but DK does need more reps.) especialy mewtwo, he was one of my favorites from melee, and I wished so much he was in the game. I guess I technicaly(maybe) got my wish, hes IN the game(supposedly), but sadly not playable... if not then oh well, its still a good game.
i dont agree that DK needs more reps. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are by far the two most popular and well known characters from the series. In fact, i would have been happy with just Donkey Kong.

The only one i would have liked in the game is Mewtwo. Theres no need for Lucario whatsoever, they should've just stuck with Mewtwo.

for all the others. Dr Mario, Pichu, Roy etc, im glad they are not in the game

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
If it's technically possible to complete the data for those characters, SOMEONE will do it eventually and probably release a ROM for it. If that happens, it's also very very slightly possible that someone could manipulate the Brawl save data on the Wii so that it can read that required data from the SD card, and add characters to the roster.

However, the chances of that happening are so low it's very safe to say it won't. Brawl replay files would probably be "decoded" and "encoded" as videos before that happens, and the chances of someone making software capable reading button input for the purpose of replays is extremely low.

Basically, they are there (from what I've read), but the chances of them ever being used for anything is not even worth thinking about.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
The original thread made by Short Fuse which brought this about:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137696&highlight=forbidden

It's not a rumor. The info is there, but there's not enough, it seems, to compile a character, even though it is listed under 'fighters'.

We still don't know what it's used for or why it's there. Since DLC is out, it's likely characters that got trashed somewhere in the process, or planned characters that never fleshed out. Either way, at this point it seems we may never know the purpose of the forbidden seven.

Top Bottom