• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to start my own Smash Scene......

Raphy963

Smash Cadet
NNID
raphy963
Hello!

So I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I'm willing to start a smash scene in my city. There is none and I'm pretty sure a good amount of peoples play Smash where I live.

I've read this guide : http://smashboards.com/threads/if-i-can-you-can-a-journey-to-start-a-smash-scene.394437/ but i'm still confused where to start. I was thinking about asking peoples first if they would be interested by a local smash scene on facebook and other websites, but I don't want to disappoint some peoples if there is not that much peoples.

I'm just really confused and it would be nice to have some tips on that subject.

Thanks! :)

Nintendoid

Smash Rookie
We recently ran our first SMASH event and we were in the same position of not knowing. For us there was a small Retro Event which had about 30 people attending. We decided to piggy back there event and run SM4SH, what we did was create a FB page, and poster and post this in all local facebook groups. Messaged a few players and asked if they would attend and finally got the local game store to have our printed b&w flyers on the cash desk.
On the day we expected maybe 16 people and we ended up with 35 entrants and around 60-80 people for the event.

We this success and people asking if we are going to do it again, we have decided to boo our own venue and running our first stand alone event in 6 weeks :)

Top Bottom