• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to main Toon Link but...

link1547

Smash Rookie
Since he's so overpowered I'm afraid I'll be thought of as a noob when I go online. He's easily my favorite character to play, but I don't want to be looked at as a noob who can only win by using an overpowered character (even though I'm not half bad anyway).

Devl

Smash Journeyman
lol, dude who cares what other people think. its not like u have sole access to toon link, hes there for everyone to use if they want. if u like toon link and ur winning with him then whats the problem. if hes overpowered then its their own fault for not taking advantage of that themselves. hope this helps ur confidence and decision!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Good players use effective ("cheap") characters when they want a strategic advantage. Go ahead. You will find many people using him and other good (I'll refrain from citing tiers until they actually exist) characters.

link1547

Smash Rookie
Yea you're right. It's just that my two brothers hate it when I use him because I usually win. They want me to use adult Link because he's more "fair".

FatJared

Smash Rookie
this is smash, normal logic = nothing. fair=nothing. what other people say about you=nothing

Fonix

Smash Cadet
You know I recall my roommate and I when I was in college having a similar discussion with our roommate in college. Then we kept playing and realized we just sucked. Before long it didn't matter what character he brought into the fight with us because we didn't care. We had brought our game to his level. We realized that when we first started playing he could have beaten us with anyone. Maybe your brothers should do the same :p

However, it probably wouldn't hurt you either to play with other characters. Probably expand your own game a little bit. Kind of the same principal as playing sports. You can play your own position even better once you understand the other ones.

link1547

Smash Rookie
You know I recall my roommate and I when I was in college having a similar discussion with our roommate in college. Then we kept playing and realized we just sucked. Before long it didn't matter what character he brought into the fight with us because we didn't care. We had brought our game to his level. We realized that when we first started playing he could have beaten us with anyone. Maybe your brothers should do the same :p

However, it probably wouldn't hurt you either to play with other characters. Probably expand your own game a little bit. Kind of the same principal as playing sports. You can play your own position even better once you understand the other ones.
I've never been the type of person to have more than one of anything. One file on games, one Nintendog, one of allot of stuff. I'd rather get really good with one thing than get pretty good at 3 or 4. I'll probably just learn by watching and playing against other characters, figuring out different strategies against each one.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
You should play who you want. Tiers have not developed in Brawl...your brothers are just whiney *****es.

KazuTheNut

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Quebec, around the border between Ontario
Good players use effective ("cheap") characters when they want a strategic advantage. Go ahead. You will find many people using him and other good (I'll refrain from citing tiers until they actually exist) characters.
I hate people who do that, can't you just try to use characters you LIKE? I'm hoping tiers for Brawl don't come out...

zeionut

Smash Apprentice
just use who u want to use, nobody should tell u who to use, i use sheik on melee and everyone complains but i dont care, i just say in my head, wat?, cant take the skillz?, lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Use whoever. And if you want-use someone else as well. Just have fun with it, and don't let "tiers", or overwhelming opinion burden you. Play who you want because you want. Unless they are like Mewtwo in Melee 2.0, or something...there are acceptions to almost every rule, ya know!?!?!? :laugh:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I can't see Pit being overpowered online. Pit requires pinpoint reaction time to be played properly. Zelda and Dedede are the "Overpowered" online characters IMO.

Nate the Grate

Smash Rookie
Toon link isn't overpowering. It seems like it cuz he's so fast and all, but the damage is weaker. Link is my main and im actually better with regular link even though i want to play with toon link. He's not overpowering because he doesn't do a lot of damage, you have to hit a lot.

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
I main Toon Link AND Marth. Complaints can be thrown at me allll day. But you know what? I don't care what they say because if they were really better than me they'd find the flaw in my playing style and exploit it.

Just do you man :].

zifn15

Smash Cadet
Practically "every person" in brawl is "over powered" this is a testament as to how well the programmers did at balancing the game.

Brawlx4xitxall

Smash Rookie
Toon Link is one of my mains, i don't care what people think. You don't hear me complaining about everyone using Ike and Sonic.

Top Bottom