• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i want to be good in competetive but want to have fun?

battlefieldveigar

Smash Rookie
I really like the competetive smash atmosphere but i just cant have fun while doing it. I played gnw at a local and got my ass kicked by a little mac and puff because i was approaching them so much. But i feel like at a tourney its just my natural instict to run in there and get percent. the week before i got 3 stocked by a bowser because decided to keep approaching him as well trying to kick his ass with nair combos and then misinputing my chef backwards like 3 times. and lately i have been misinputing and ****ing up trying to change my playstyle. I really dont want to drop gnw nor do i want to stop playing competetive because i love playing in tournamentsbut i really just want to do better but i feel my playstyle just doesnt fit for it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I feel your pain there. I definitely understand that it's just plain more cathartic to rush in there and use high-feedback moves.
My first advice would be "play smarter, not harder". It's fine to be aggressive, but at least know why you're doing each attack. Know well just what each attack does and what it's good for. Right now it sounds like you're just trying to be fancy without really knowing why, which is likely why you're messing up so much. If you don't have reasons for moving, then moving more won't make you a better dancer, it'll just mean you're wildly flailing around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom