• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want some ideas for "themes"

LRS

Smash Rookie
I mostly play brawl with a small group of friends in FFA matches. Fighting the same characters over and over for hours on end gets boring so what we like to do is call out themes (only swords, only girls etc.) to limit character choice. Certainly other people have done this so if anyone could give some ideas for new unique themes that would be great.

We've run the gamut on simple themes such as:
Only characters with _____ colour in their outfit
with a letter _____ in their name
in the ______ row/column
with a _______ on their body/apparel
from the ________ game series

I find myself spending more time thinking of a theme then actually playing the matches sometimes >_>

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sword characters are broken. Ban them.

Meh, asking other people is sorta pointless. Thinking of it yourself would make it more.. worth it? ^_^;
Idk.

Just go random if you can't think of one. Its simpler.

But I think threads like this aren't allowed, considering they don't really contribute, so this might be locked. Just giving you the heads up.

Honestly, just go with the random idea. Thats what my friends and I do when we get bored.
Or random and get someone to build a stupid stage to fight on.
Themes get old. =(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
There you go. :B
Only characters with MANLINESS colour in their outfit
with a letter CAPTAIN FALCON in their name
in the SIXTH column and FOURTH row
with a FALCON on their body
with a MANLY apparel
from the F-ZERO game series

and, because I want to be a little more serious, too...
Only characters with Pink~ colour in their outfit
with a letter O in their name
with their hair visible

LRS

Smash Rookie
Part of the point of picking a theme is that I know who I'm going to pick but the other guys don't and have to think fast to get a character they are at least familiar with. They can pick random if they want, but I don't want to wait for my turn to pick and then get stuck with jiggz or much of the rest of the cast that I'm not interested in playing.

What I'm really looking for is a new template for themes such as the templates I listed.

And to Spadefox, I'm not kidding at all when I say I've done those exactly. <_<

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Only characters with annoying voices.
Only animal-like character
Only fatties
Only skintight clothing

Only characters with a "PAUNCH!!!".

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
me and my friends created something weird.
The falcon challenge! 3 falcon (humans) vs 1 poor level 9 bowser on FD
make it timed 3 minutes(replays) the goal is to KO bowser as many times as possible in thoose 2 minutes. also Deaths and suicides dont count so if you want you can jump off the map every time to go for the final blow on bowser(halirous if u get a knee) its quite fun. my record (with uncompetetive friends) is 10 in 3mins

Top Bottom