• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wanna improve my Fox, but...

D

Deleted member

He's rather hard. I just want to find some good combos and figure out how to shine.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Read guides, watch videos, and practice. Basically all I can tell you at this point.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
To use the shine hold down first then press b. You can jump out after by pressing y or x afterwards which you can chain with another shine by pressing b again whilst holding down or a wavedash by pressing diagonally down and pressing l or r.

Combo's in this game are tricky so you'll have to get a feel for those on your own. shine, nair, dair and up air tend to be pretty good generally speaking though.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I posted a guide to Waveshining. If you're interested in that type of thing. It's a work in progress...

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
Play the dumb game. Stop complaining. There's no magic spell that will make your Fox suddenly godlike. You just have to practice on your own, get EXTREMELY comfortable with moving Fox around and controlling everything, and practice against other players. Sorry, there isn't a hidden multishine combo button on your controller.

D

Deleted member

Who th
Play the dumb game. Stop complaining. There's no magic spell that will make your Fox suddenly godlike. You just have to practice on your own, get EXTREMELY comfortable with moving Fox around and controlling everything, and practice against other players. Sorry, there isn't a hidden multishine combo button on your controller.
Who the hell are you talking to like that? Now, that you said THAT, the admins are going to target my ass faster than Fox in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Who th

Who the hell are you talking to like that? Now, that you said THAT, the admins are going to target my *** faster than Fox in this game.
What are you talking about
The only way to improve your Fox is to play Fox. Watch Fox. Think about Fox.
Love Fox.
:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee:

Last edited:

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Y u gotta b like that

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
You asked for advice, and the only information you provided was one sentence which said basically nothing. What advice are you expecting? Why are you acting indignant when people give you legitimate advice (to the extent they can when you give them nothing to go off)?

If you're still at the level where you don't understand why you're not improving beyond "Fox is hard", then you don't need specific advice for optimising some micro situation; you need to learn all your basic tech and get comfortable/consistent with controlling your character, and you need to play, watch, and read about the game until you can start understanding what you're doing and can ask better questions. Something so abstract might not seem a satisfying answer compared to just being told some combos, but if you want to be good at this game then you have to think and understand; you can't just learn things by rote.

Watch at least 19:38 to 24:20 of this video, (you should also watch the whole thing at some point): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CuIesuU84A&t=19m38s

Last edited:

Crashs

Smash Rookie
Just gotta keep grinding. There's plenty of resources online. Keep at it, and you'll get better eventually.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
What are you talking about
Dolla Pills is right. The only way to improve your Fox is to play Fox. Watch Fox. Think about Fox.
Love Fox.
:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee:
Lol what that wasn't me

Anyway though the thing that helped my Fox combo game was watching Leffen and Armada because they have Fox punishes very broken down. Obviously watching is not in any way a substitute for playing but it can inform you about what you can be doing better and things to try when you are actually playing so that your punish game can improve quicker than without any outside input

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Lol what that wasn't me

Anyway though the thing that helped my Fox combo game was watching Leffen and Armada because they have Fox punishes very broken down. Obviously watching is not in any way a substitute for playing but it can inform you about what you can be doing better and things to try when you are actually playing so that your punish game can improve quicker than without any outside input
Lol idk how I messed that up, I must have had multiple threads open LOL

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Go crazy with your shine, literally think of whatever you think you can combine/use it with and you'll learn about 50 of fox's tech skill.

PkFreezie

Smash Cadet
NNID
SatsuiHado
Can someone explain how to create a post on this forum it has a different layout from other forums i have used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom