• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I TOLD YOU!!!! you guys were falling into Sakurai's TRAP!!!!

Swu

Smash Cadet
Rocket jumping in Quake was a glitch but it added as an aspect of the game and people learned to use to their adv. And now in every unreal game and quake since Quake 1-3 i dont know about quake 4 or territories they have had roceket jumping.

This is to the people who complain that glitches shouldnt be included in a game. I mean sure get rid of the the infinite combo glitches but not things that add another level of competition to the game.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
I agree with ruggeth and igneous, what's done is done, and a real pro's skill is about the skill of the player, NOT the ability to exploit the flaws in the programming.

Arshen

Smash Cadet
I would just like to point this out..
Believe it or not:

There are a lot less hard-core gamers than not.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
I find the fact that people are freaking out about the changes quite amusing. :laugh: If you don't want to play Brawl, then keep playing Melee. It's not like they've taken it away from you. :chuckle:

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
In a couple of years, I'm sure competitive players will be exploiting tricks that are too advanced for some casual players. Then when SSB4 comes out, those tricks might be gone, and there will be another few years before other tricks are found. Vicious cycle! D:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Stick to Melee, or Mortal Kombat, or Dead or Alive, or Halo 3, and don't play Brawl, OR suck it up and play Brawl. This isn't a toughie guys...

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
its just because people are getting better at games, and the new gaming world doesnt want to make enemys/**** too hard for the new fans, cus its all about sales and buyers, people will buy a game they think they are good at.
i on the other hand like boss fights that take me a long time to finish,
like some from final fantasy, or whatever.
its hard to find that these days though.
brawl will be competitive, but it wont be as influenced by technical skill as much,
you can make up for that and still be outstanding.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I posted it here and in Gamefaqs...it looks like sakurai used the demos as a way to see which advanced techniques were there to remove them like he did whit L-cancel, adn to see what else in his power he can to to redude the gap between veterans and n00bs....

Is not like sakurai hates competitive playes, it looks like he, or should I say THE WHOLE NINTENDO does not understand the mind of a competitive/hardcore gamer.... they seem to think we would enjoy the game if everyone had the same chance...which is just false!!! why there are tournaments of melee but not mario party tournaments??? because melee is deep the best will win...while in mario party the best just goit 2 stars and the n00b falls into the boo space and steals the 2 stars from the veteran and wins....just look at what Regie said in the presentation of mario kart "an amateur could go toe to toe whit a veteran"... why are zelda games getting easier instead of harder.??? nintendo just wants to noobiefied everithing....
If you were good at the game, you wouldn't have to complain about 'noobifying' the game. You'd still kick their arse's and not be worred about the game being easier for newcomers.

Brawl is still in it's early days, just because there's no 'advance techniques' as there are in Melee, it doesn't mean that they won't come over time.

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
That one dude on page 3 I think said:
There are a lot less hard-core gamers than not.
That's a word! I just did L-cancelling and wavedashing all the time, and I can't even use the other advanced thechniques. What for? I'm unbeaten so far.

Besides, if they're removing some chances for you guys to use advanced techniques, then just learn normal techniques like a normal fighter. Come up with other combos or whatever.. See it as a handycap.

Another reason why they remove the advanced techniques could be that it's screwing up online play, cuz they're too fast to use.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
If you were good at the game, you wouldn't have to complain about 'noobifying' the game. You'd still kick their arse's and not be worred about the game being easier for newcomers.

Brawl is still in it's early days, just because there's no 'advance techniques' as there are in Melee, it doesn't mean that they won't come over time.
back in the day when I was a young wipper snapper we were greatful for the games we got, and they were never any fun but you never heard us complain. Uh uh sonny we made even the lamest game the best event ever because of our imagination and skill. Kids ain't like they used to be

:bee: :laugh:

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
face it,in Sonic 1 Sonic couldnt make a spindash,in Sonic 2 HE CAN!Super Mario World is harder than Mario Galaxy!i hate it when one hit kill you!

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
When Melee was first released, was everybody wavedashing the day it came out? These "advanced techniques" were developed and implemented over time and Brawl no doubt has new techniques that nobody's figured out yet because that game has been out for less than a week. I wouldn't want to pay my hard earned cash on a new Smash Bros. game if I could pick it up and play it exactly like the old one. New stages and characters aren't enough, it has to be a new game. When Street Fighter 3 came out, everybody had to relearn the game and play it in a totally different way than SF2, that's why they're two different games. If you don't want to learn a new game, don't bother buying a new system.

Top Bottom