• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Thought Smash 4 Lv. 9s Were Good...

Do you think practicing with level 9s is good or bad?

• Total voters

The Jaeger

Smash Rookie
(Not sure why this was posted under Melee...but this is for Smash 4)

Since my Wifi connection is terrible I hate playing on For Glory, so I've been forced to train with Lv. 9 computers... At first I couldn't get use to them auto-reading all of my moves, but after a while I started learning safe options and true combos. Then I started winning pretty convincingly so to make it a little more difficult I started enabling random customs and gear for the computers which makes a lot of them pretty broken... (recovering health, increased speed, increased knock-back and damage ect...) But this helped my adaptability skills, making it easier for me to learn new playing styles.

In conclusion, after about 2 months I started doing things like this to Lv.9s..(Watch link)

http://youtu.be/51mM3kUHyI0

Ps: Playing against Lv. 9 computer is good for learning safe attacking options and true combos, but it will not allow you to practice "reading" which is vital to high level play! If you are hoping to reach pro level Smash, make sure to build up a plethora of training partners.

Last edited:

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
Since my Wifi connection is terrible I hate playing on For Glory, so I've been forced to train with Lv. 9 computers... At first I couldn't get use to them auto-reading all of my moves, but after a while I started learning safe options and true combos. Then I started winning pretty convincingly so to make it a little more difficult I started enabling random customs and gear for the computers which makes a lot of them pretty broken... (recovering health, increased speed, increased knock-back and damage ect...) But this helped my adaptability skills, making it easier for me to learn new playing styles.

In conclusion, after about 2 months I started doing things like this to Lv.9s..(Watch link)

Ps: Playing against Lv. 9 computer is good for learning safe attacking options and true combos, but it will not allow you to practice "reading" which is vital to high level play! If you are hoping to reach pro level Smash, make sure to build up a plethora of training partners.
Why are you in the melee character section? This isn't smash4

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
From what I remember, Melee Lv. 9s were pretty damn easy Lol but I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've played the OG smash
That doesn't make any sense man. You are talking about smash4 in your entire first post of your thread. Anyway, practicing with melee lvl 9s is bad because they di the same way every time. If you were to practice with a cpu in MELEE do a lvl 7.

Frantic

Smash Rookie
when you go to the forums section of smash boards, just click on the smash 4 link and then character discussion

The tabs at the top of the screen should be Home>forums>smash games> Smash4 wiiu/3ds> Smash4 wiiu/3ds Character Discussion> Captain Falcon

something like that i think…

Last edited:

Coyle

Smash Cadet
Level 9 computers in Melee do suck tho
Just in case you ever get into Melee
You should get Melee

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
You are in the right thread space now.

gittyking

Smash Rookie
(Not sure why this was posted under Melee...but this is for Smash 4)

No one cares what you did to a level 9 cpu

Top Bottom