• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I thought Eruption's Meteor hitbox only worked on characters on the ground....

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103

Has anyone actually accomplished this before?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
The tip of the sword has a meteor hitbox.

It's pretty moot because if the meteor would kill, the regular hit would likely still kill. Most stages on Wii U don't allow the sword to jut out of the stage.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
But you can get Ike right against the edge and have the sword tip actually be in the air instead of the ground. I've not spiked during edge-guarding personally, as I'm trying to prevent the snap and they are rarely coming at me from straight below to have such a hit, but it's possible assuming there isn't an invisible edgelip that is made when you start Eruption while in the 'balancing' animation.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Eruption's spike hitbox is one of those things I would vehemently deny existed if not for there being actual video proof of it. What conceivable reason does that move have to spike with a hitbox with virtually no reach, horrendous startup, and a user with somewhat low air time?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I'm pretty sure Eruption spiked in Brawl as well.

It just never showed an appearance because the move was NEVER used.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm pretty sure Eruption spiked in Brawl as well.

It just never showed an appearance because the move was NEVER used.
It only spiked grounded opponents. If the opponent was in the air, instead of spiking it would just go through them.

I tested it a lot, including with Peach holding still in her float animation.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eruption's spike hitbox is one of those things I would vehemently deny existed if not for there being actual video proof of it. What conceivable reason does that move have to spike with a hitbox with virtually no reach, horrendous startup, and a user with somewhat low air time?
**** and giggles

Top Bottom