• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think there will be NEW characters for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeey

Smash Rookie
I think there will be NEW characters for Europe and America because we have to wait much longer than japan :rocket:
I live in europe and I hate to wait... I think it's a shame we have to wait so long
I hope Sakurai thinks like me and will reward us with some (at least 1) new character(s)

America: 1 new character
Europe : 2 new characters (maybe also 1, What do you think, we have to wait much longer so...)

Do you agree? and which character would you like to have? :chuckle:

Sorry for my bad english, im working on it.

My apologies for the smiley behind Japan (much longer than japan :rocket:)
because the japanese people add videos on youtube. And without these videos smashboards would have died. so THANKS! its not your bad, don't worry just keep playing brawl and let us cry :flame:

Psbl_lkr

Smash Cadet
Mmm... That would be delicious like a cake. None knows what will happen.

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
You always know that a year down the track they'll release a 'International version' and it'll sell billions.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Then Australians get 3 new characters. Please don't get your hopes too high, that's what Ridley fans did.

And no, there won't be new bosses for us either.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Ahaha, don't get your hopes up dude.
I'll be happy if they've actually managed to make enough copies to not sell out everywhere on day 1.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Actually, how farfetch'd it may be, it isn't such a bad idea.

You know, there still is no explaination why the data for Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Roy and Plusle & Minun is still on the disc. Could it be that America gets two of these characters at launch (and at the same time enabling these characters for Japan by use of either a patch, update or just timed event) and Europe in turn gets these two characters, plus the two left-over characters (and the other countries also get them at that time)?

I mean, Smash gets shipped with a new firmware update. The reason why America might get a delay is to create a firmware update that has a certain code which can get detected by games released around and after that time. Europe also gets a new firmware update, which contains both the aforementioned code plus the new code. Or, the firmware version is checked, thus also delaying new firmware updates.

Think about it, we see that these characters only have a small size, but we haven't even decoded the second layer.

Snakeey

Smash Rookie
Burninator,

Maybe only for multiplayer and singleplayer and not for wi-fi
that'll be fine too
or an update from the wii. for all countries. So everybody has 2 new chars lately

Shuma

Smash Hero
Whon't happen. The only thing you could possible hope for is a roy and or Dr. Mario alt costumes.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I am sure printing enough copies to meet demand and last minute localization have nothing to do with the differences in release.

Japan retailers sold nearly every copy that Nintendo shipped in the first four days it was out...

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
That would be nice but it's obviously not going to happen.. Unless that's what Sakurai wants me to think O.o

Nalafein

Smash Cadet
Dreamthread... *its not going to happen, but you can dream as much as you`d like.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
how would you feel if you were a japanese gamer? like you were just screwed over that's what.
They'd feel the same as us europeans usually do waiting for games to come out.

But I don't think it will happen, not saying it won't but just don't get your hopes up.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Its not THAT farfetched.

I had the japanese Soul calibur 2, it didnt have Lizardman, Assasin, and BEserker, they were enemies in various modes, but not playable.

Then came our PAL release, and voila, Lizardman, Assasin, and Beserker playable.

In this case, you can hope for Doc, Roy and Plusle/Minun costumes, as they are in the game files, or maybe even them returning as clones, but thats VERY unlikley.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9

Nope, no hope for anything. Sorry.

The same happened with Melee's release, big gaps in between only difference between regions were various glitch patches.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
They'd feel the same as us europeans usually do waiting for games to come out.

But I don't think it will happen, not saying it won't but just don't get your hopes up.
Yeah, but you guys aren't screwed over by the game companies, you're screwed over by your ridiculous insistence on using PAL TV sets. Game companies don't add extra content unless it's in the Japanese version - there's a certain loyalty to Japanese gamers because they're a much bigger market than you or we.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Orrr maybe there was a localization error and/or perhaps they need to make more copies to meet the preorders? Seriously, where the hell did you even come up with this? We're going to get the same exact characters Japan has.

Besides, Brawl has over 500 trophies.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Yeah, but you guys aren't screwed over by the game companies, you're screwed over by your ridiculous insistence on using PAL TV sets. Game companies don't add extra content unless it's in the Japanese version - there's a certain loyalty to Japanese gamers because they're a much bigger market than you or we.
Then explain to me why we got 3 new characters in Soul Calibur 2 while the japanese didnt get them?

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Unless you want a nuclear missile launched at USA...then no...not a good idea.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Actually, how farfetch'd it may be, it isn't such a bad idea.

You know, there still is no explaination why the data for Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Roy and Plusle & Minun is still on the disc.
It's called incomplete data that was never deleted. Happens in games all the time. It's stupidly common.

Yeah, but you guys aren't screwed over by the game companies, you're screwed over by your ridiculous insistence on using PAL TV sets.
Actually, we are. Any PAL TV sold in the last 20 years or so, supports both PAL and NTSC. Also, the conversion from PAL to NTSC is minimal in time. Thirdly, we use PAL because it is superior to NTSC. PAL is the newer and better standard. Kinda like how americans still use the imperial system instead of upgrading to metric.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
Alot of TVs in Australia (I don't think anymore, they getting smarter), atleast where i live, are PAL Only.
Since all our TVs don't support NTSC, except this American lil' hannspree golf TV i have ^_^

But yeah, i doubt the states will get extra chars, and they certainly won't give europe or aus anymore, since they don't like us very much haha.
They wud have gaven japan more charactesr if they wanted to have country chars.

maybe they will have a char in japan (wolf - the final char), that isnt available for US or Europe, but replace that char with smoeone else.

so the americans can fight japan with our secret weapon and japan can unlease wolf upon us

haha
jus a thought

Mama

Smash Ace
It would be nice but I seriously doubt a 2 month gap and one month delay (for the US) would be enough time to make a whole new character. In fact, I know it wont happen lol. I'll be happy with Brawl as is.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
If a TV in Australia doesn't support NTSC, then it's like more than 10 years old, or it's REALLY cheap.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
you';d be suprised how fast nintedno can make new characters for a game.
with all there workers, you'd be suprised

nah our tvs arent that old, just don't support ntsc.
i think one was made in italy and the other tv is wall screen, meaning they don't ahve a back of tv wher eu can plug games in.

SUCKS!

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Dr Mario? Pichu? Roy? DO NOT WANT
I guess Dixie isn't so bad, but seriously, more clones?
A good present would be to make Ganon less clone. That's about all I want for now.

ZäP

Smash Apprentice
New characters, not likely, not even possible, but thing Europe/USA could get, like melee in europe, game with slight changes, that will remove some of the so called 'broken' stuff, like that easy kill tether recovery (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142972)
or something that fix the game...

...maybe, or not. It's more than likely that we just wait the release and get nothing...

I hate you world:mad:

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Your joking right? Im sure japan and america would wait a month for new characters. The game is japanese and theres no way the european version would be better than the 'homeland' version surely, and America get a new character for waiting for a month? Im sorry but it doesnt work like that. The only reason they're getting the game first is because Japan is the homeland, and America is the biggest consumer. Europe/Australia always get games and films last. And its not because we get extra content...

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
im not taking this seriously, but my post was 'if they did..'

but yeah. would be awesome even though im getting JP version very soon

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
As much as I feel empathy for those who have to wait in Europe and Australia, this just sounds like a desperate attempt to raise one's hopes to somehow reconcile their long waiting period. I don't think it's going to happen.

Heflito

Smash Cadet
Theres no way this would happen. Even if the Ameriscan SC2 had extra characters, can you remember who made it? Yeah not nintendo, plus the characters were allready fully coded and in both versions of the game, the most we could hope for is that fightting alloy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom