• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think Sonic chances have gone up a lot now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace

Sonic and Mario are in a game together? This could be a april fools joke by IGN or it could mean that Sonic is now available to be used in Nintendo games in this case Brawl. the IGN Crew asked Scott Steinberg about Sonic in Brawl he said "We're only speaking about this title so there's no comment about that," So they might be hiding somthing.

Here's the link so you can check yourself: http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776460p1.html

I'm not sure what to believe if it's true or not but if it is Sonic has a better chance of getting in Brawl now in my opinon.

My reasons for this is if SEGA and Nintendo can agree to this project they should agree with brawl. This also brings up the point that SEGA is wiling to give Sonic to Nintendo in a project.

Post your opinon.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Hm.. It looks fairly credible, but you can never know I guess.. Not done reading it yet, so let's see.

Mkay, done. So far, it looks credible. It could very well be a bull**** april fools joke, seeing as how it's a few days away, but sometimes you can never know. =/

We asked the inevitable question, what does this announcement say about the possibility of Sonic becoming a playable character in Nintendo's forthcoming Wii fighter, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but neither Nintendo nor SEGA reps had any comment.

"We're only speaking about this title so there's no comment about that," said Scott Steinberg.
They're both in the same game now (If this is correct), but it doesn't mean he's a shoo in for brawl, just his chances have risen more than what they're already at. Granted, if the owner of Sonic met with Nintendo for his inclusion, it's obvious he'll get in.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
You know I just realized that they're having a discussion about this in the Sonic thread. Whoops. -_-

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Looks authentic, but that could be said about a lot of pranks gone past. If it is credible (IGN? Credible!?), then the chances for Sonic to be in Brawl have just skyrocketed. Before, I would have given Sonic an 85% chance. Now it's something like 97%.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
This is on the OFFICIAL Nintendo.com, so yes, it's credible, and entirely true.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
You know I just realized that they're having a discussion about this in the Sonic thread. Whoops. -_-

The way I see it Sonic will win in the 100m dash race and Mario with that jumping thing with the sand to see how far they jump.
This might get closed now

It's called the long-jump. He'll also win the high-jump, but sonic will win the pole-vault.
PS. I love your sig.

Croco

Smash Lord
It seems TRUE.. LINK

Oh and I laughed sooo hard when I read this part- Kaplan: Here's the bottom line: He's Italian, he's really sexy, and he can get more women than Sonic.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
It's called the long-jump. He'll also win the high-jump, but sonic will win the pole-vault.
PS. I love your sig.
Thanks for the info and the sig comment. I would have had a better one if it didn't show up so badly on this forum. If your wondering I got it from CreativeWorlds.com

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Yeah, I'd say that this drastically increases Sonic's chances being in Brawl, chi :p

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, it does make Sonic in Brawl a much likelier possibility, but theres also something you all need to consider...

What if this game was a form of redemption? As in, what if Sonic was kept from Brawl, and now they are making it up with this game? I hope not, since Sonic vs Mario in Brawl is way too appealing, but it could be...

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Although this seems like the chances of Sonic being in Brawl is greater, it is actually less and here are the 2 main reasons why:

1. The game is set to be released around Christmas. That means that unless Brawl is release in 2008, then all the hype the Mario vs Sonic idea would get would be transferred to Brawl and no one would buy the Olympics game. It's like why would you buy a sports game where they race and throw discus when you can buy a game and they will beat the sh*t out of each other.

2. Legality. Now that the Sonic vs Mario idea is tied to the Oympics, the Olympic committee would be stupid to allow that idea to be transfer to other games within a certain timeframe. Like they would have the right to withhold licensing of the Olympic logos, titles, and whatnot from SEGA if another Mario vs Sonic type game was announced to be released within 6 months (more likely a year) prior to or after the release of the Mario vs Sonic Olympics Game.

So unless Brawl gets pushed to Summer of 2008, then Sonic will not be in Brawl so stop asking. Although if there is some kind of downloadable content then he may be released later on (IE he is programmed in along with several super hidden characters, but in order to earn them you must d/l a code from Nintendo to unlock them, but even that's doubtful)

Besides, having Sonic in the game would totally overshadow having Snake in the game, making Konami feel like it was a waste to give Nintendo the rights to add him in,
This was in the Sonic Thread saying this actually lowers Sonic's chances.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Good for you, now bring in the rebuttals, which have just as much insight and proves most of those points moot...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wow, the first day this news is out, and only FOUR topics were created about it.

Ah, the adventure tomorrow may bring. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom