• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I might know something essential about Ryu...

Hygaro26

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hygaro26
3DS FC
5129-2759-8420
Hey guys, just a short introduction. I'm Flux (my account name is Hygaro though). I'm 14, and i've been working very hard on my Ryu lately, and I think I might've found one thing that could help for a better Ryu. That thing is the focus attack dash cancel. The focus attack itself is a really useful move if you can land it. But I personally think that the dash cancel can lead into a more mobile form of gameplay for the character. If you can short hop, then dash cancel diagonally backwards into the ground, this could cause some confusion, as well as combo setups. I've been trying this lately on For Glory and it's been giving me nothing but good results. The most important and useful technique for the Down-B cancel is the attacks it could lead into. I've gotten into some DTilt strings with the cancel, as well as UTils and so on so forth, I think you understand that this can lead into virtually anything now. With these tilt strings, you can lead into any of his true specials for great results, I personally favor this deception combined with a True Shoryuken, that trick made people SD in a few matches because they got smited by Ryu's true power. BReversing the Down-B can be really good to cancel. It took me a while to figure out how to do it, but if you jump, do a b reversed Focus attack, cancel forward, and then lead into a b reversed Shakunetsu hadouken, that;s really a killing blow for confusion. Please post in this thread if you need to make any corrections or if you have any comments or concerns.

Thanks for reading

-Hygaro26 (FluxSSB)

SonofCereal

Smash Rookie
Most of this is already known c:

Although B reverse FA>B reverse Shaku sounds like a pretty gud mix up.

An FG player (generally) will not be the same as a tournament player. A good tournament player should be able to adapt to FADC movements and punish what you follow FADC with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom