• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I invented a new combo.

PrimeTF

Banned via Warnings
I think I invented a new combo for Captain Falcon.

At 0%
Side B
Up Smash
Side B
Uair
Fair

Only seems to work on non-fast fallers

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
You can't really invent new combos in Melee. Most people refer to it as a "sandbox fighter" of sorts, meaning every combo is gonna be different, unless it is a guaranteed combo, like drill > shine for example. This sounds DI dependent as well.

Sounds pretty raw though, I'd love to see that in game.

PrimeTF

Banned via Warnings
I'd be amazed if I see that combo in a tourney setting.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Side B can be crouch canceled at 0.

So yeah, this combo isn't real by any means.

Sorry.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
On that note, you can lead a reverse uair into knee on most of the cast, works great for sharking platforms. It's one of my setups that I didn't realize worked as well as it did.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I'd be amazed to see this combo in tournament too.

Amazed how bad someone would have to be to get hit by it

Melee isn't marvel, combos don't work by picking moves out of a hat and stringing them together, people know how to tech and DI so unless they've dropped their controller, they're probably not gonna get hit by this combo.

Last edited:

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
I'd be surprised if it was a true combo, but I suppose at the timing you need to hit it at, you can AC the uair and then just believe in that knee. Like I said, it works way more than I ever expect.

PrimeTF

Banned via Warnings
So I could just use just the last 3 moves in for a real combo?

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
You can still crouch cancel the second raptor boost, so it still is not guaranteed. Everyone knows the Uair to knee by now, and it still can be escaped by DI away. Those three moves are more likely to hit than the whole sequence that you came up with, but don't be predictable with the raptor boost.

Myst0

Smash Cadet
Imagine if you caught a marth nairing. then cc is out of the question right? but DI and stuff is still present so idk.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Any theorycrafting doesn't really matter. The combo isn't ever going to be guaranteed and only works on bad DI.

Top Bottom