• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I found another situational Side B use.

Dyxnar14

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2qPVvswrE

I was playing a match with a friend of mine on wifi and then this happened. Just watch the entire video. We tested this out alittle bit longer and found out it only works on edgeless platforms, "Fregate Orpheon"? and maybe even Port town.

If this was already discovered then I'm sorry.

So if it wasn't then discuss please.

Phazon Warrior

Smash Cadet
Does it have to be aerial?
It does not have to be aerial. You can grab someone on a platform with no ledge and they will drop straight down.

As the title said, it is very situational. I doubt any player can do it intentionally and consistently.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Actually it doesn't HAVE to be in the case of this stage, if you come in with a normal ground grab in the opposite direction of the moving platform it should still work. In normal situations however the enemy will always auto grab the ledge because the spike effect doesn't reach far enough off the ledge.

A similar effect works with Dedede's chain grab, if you get grabbed on that platform he can infinitely chaingrab WITHOUT MOVING you as long the platform is moving in the same direction as he is.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
There are a lot of interesting things about Ganondorf's side-B:

He has invincibility frames while using it

If you can manage to suspend your opponent over an edge with it, they will be shot downwards at high speeds. However, they can still auto-grab the edge, so this is best used on platforms.

If Ganondorf grabs an opponent with it while in the air, and manages to land on the ground but your opponent is slightly over the edge, they will be blasted downwards as with the above.

Because of the invincibility frames, you can do some ridiculously awesome things. Try grabbing your opponent with it and holding them into the lava on Norfair O_O

cyclops4ever

Smash Apprentice
that ledgless thing is very dangerous, i wouldnt attempt it. if you miss...instant stock loss? yeah.... its cool though but uber situational.

Top Bottom