• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Think i found a viable marth tech......?

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
Ok so i was just fooling around with marth and i started to wonder since his down b (counter) can cancel his jump from the ledge, what are his other specials that will also cancel his jump from ledge. And basically other than down b his up b will also cancel. Now i know this doesn't seem useful but if u can b reverse a down b while canceling the ledge jump (and if someone is either waiting for you at the ledge or charging a smash attack) you can possibly get a stock!
Here how about u see for yourself: https://gfycat.com/ThirdAcrobaticCardinal
Now knowing that it cancels the jump this means that u will be invincible until activating the up b. And i don't know about u but i don't think theres someone who can react fast enough to marths up b so it seems like a surprise move that u can't be hit out of since u have invincibility. But the only con about this is if u don't land it or if u don't reverse/cancel it u can get SEVERELY punished and since i only would recommend trying this with a rage marth i think it would take a lot of getting used to how fast you have to input so u won't get punished and potentially loose a stock. k thnx a byeee!

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
There is no cancelling involved. The Dolphin Slash is simply coming out as soon as Marth can act out of Ledge Jump. As far as Counter goes, Counter cancels jumps. If you jump whether on stage or from ledge and immediately Counter, you won't jump.

For hitting people with DS, there is a better way in my opinion. The problem with that way is that they have to stand at the very edge. Usually people don't stand there. So what's better is to Ledge Drop > Double Jump > Air Dodge > DS the other direction. You can use your double jump to go further onto the stage and catch stuff the ledge jump DS can't. If you miss, hopefully you can fast fall back to the ledge in time. But yes, the way you described is definitely faster.

Last edited:

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
There is no cancelling involved. The Dolphin Slash is simply coming out as soon as Marth can act out of Ledge Jump. As far as Counter goes, Counter cancels jumps. If you jump whether on stage or from ledge and immediately Counter, you won't jump.

For hitting people with DS, there is a better way in my opinion. The problem with that way is that they have to stand at the very edge. Usually people don't stand there. So what's better is to Ledge Drop > Double Jump > Air Dodge > DS the other direction. You can use your double jump to go further onto the stage and catch stuff the ledge jump DS can't. If you miss, hopefully you can fast fall back to the ledge in time. But yes, the way you described is definitely faster.
Hm! nice way of using DS at the ledge too. Maybe the only thing i see the ledge jump into up b doing better is killing sooner and getting a for sure sweetspot with it, but ur way def has a ton of more range. Anyway tho thanks for letting me know that it is indeed not canceling the jump, but last question i have is do u think this could be useful if someone is standing there or is the ledge cancel option better?

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Hm! nice way of using DS at the ledge too. Maybe the only thing i see the ledge jump into up b doing better is killing sooner and getting a for sure sweetspot with it, but ur way def has a ton of more range. Anyway tho thanks for letting me know that it is indeed not canceling the jump, but last question i have is do u think this could be useful if someone is standing there or is the ledge cancel option better?
There's no telling. So try it out and see if you can get away with it.

Deathbyawesome

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaijin8814
3DS FC
4227-4375-5257
This is an awesome option if nothing more than to keep pressure on and mixing things up. This option shines most when both players are focusing on getting a trump or spiking which in my experience happens often. Definitely glad this was brought up to the boards. Feel free to add me fellow Marths for some dittos.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
I like it! Thanks for sharing. I think DS makes a good Dash attack punish also, if you have a good opening.

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
Thanks!
i also wanted to say that doing a full hop and double jump into shield breaker (full charge) lets math slide across the stage
Here:https://gfycat.com/AfraidMixedHarvestmen
i would only recommend using this for get up reads from the ledge since its not very effective in the neutral because its very predictable and takes a long time to execute
also one last last thing that i don't see maths do is forward throw into full hop SB it works at around 8-13 percent, is a true combo! and honestly looks flashy af to me lol k thnx byeeee!
(idk if any of this info I've said has been found so yah)

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Thanks!
i also wanted to say that doing a full hop and double jump into shield breaker (full charge) lets math slide across the stage
Here:https://gfycat.com/AfraidMixedHarvestmen
i would only recommend using this for get up reads from the ledge since its not very effective in the neutral because its very predictable and takes a long time to execute
also one last last thing that i don't see maths do is forward throw into full hop SB it works at around 8-13 percent, is a true combo! and honestly looks flashy af to me lol k thnx byeeee!
(idk if any of this info I've said has been found so yah)

Yeah, I posted a link of myself doing that in the Video Analysis thread. It has other very good uses too, you should go check out my post.

http://smashboards.com/threads/hero-kings-council-video-analysis.368553/page-15

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'd try as well ledge jump into immediate dancing blade 1. Seems like worth a shot, and less of a commitment.

Last edited:

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
I'd try as well ledge jump into immediate dancing blade 1. Seems like worth a shot, and less of a commitment.
sadly that would only hit if the char is a tall one plus its hard to get a kill from it unless u have rage.

Top Bottom