• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I discovered a possible 0-65%+ combo off a grab on nearly all characters

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
If anyone else can test this it out, with a person spamming counter or jump of course that would be great. The combo is:

Grab > DThrow > Pivot Bair > UTilt > Grab > DThrow > Fair or Up B.

This seems to work on most characters, and while the combo counter doesn't go up for some hits(for the DThrow > Bair it does) it definitely seems like a combo(I believe that they get out of hitstun, but are not out long enough to perform any defensive option, even counter).

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I'll have to test it out later, but have you tried it against an actual opponent yet (even CPU)? I'm thinking they can DI out of it before getting to 65%. Also, characters like Yoshi would probably be able to do a Nair to break out. Doesn't seem guaranteed, but it could be a nice string if everything works right.

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
dthrow->bair (pivot or not) is tough because alot of characters can airdodge it at lower %s (although dodging leave em open for another quick grab so it could be a nice mixup). once u get em higher (around 50 for some), you can dthrow, step in the direction opposite of what you're facing (dont even have to pivot), jump, and bair and it works wonders for knocking them offstage. even registers as a combo in training mode

Last edited:

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
If anyone else can test this it out, with a person spamming counter or jump of course that would be great. The combo is:

Grab > DThrow > Pivot Bair > UTilt > Grab > DThrow > Fair or Up B.

This seems to work on most characters, and while the combo counter doesn't go up for some hits(for the DThrow > Bair it does) it definitely seems like a combo(I believe that they get out of hitstun, but are not out long enough to perform any defensive option, even counter).

This is possible, but not guaranteed.
I always go for Dthrow > Bair at low percents, if I hit the first one I try throwing another one, or an Up air because it hits from behind as well. It could potentially lead into many things, like an Up tilt or a regrab, but they can shield if they are fast fallers, jump away or airdodge.
That crazy stuff should be always in our mind because Doc has only 2 hit combos ( 3 hit combos are not always easy to pull off ) but in some matchups it's risky and doc should go for more defensive and safe follow ups. Also, when trying to do combos like that, some players panic a lot and airdodge randomly, easy UpB / Fsmash.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I've never tried going for Bair after a Dthrow. Either a uair, upsmash, or fair depending on the situation. Fair is actually a really good move to throw out really sparingly and randomly. For example, condition your opponent to expect a uair when you are on a ledge, and they'll probably get at least a little surprised at the Fair. If youre a little lucky, it'll hit them.

The greatest combo I ever pulled off on a live person was a 70% from 0% combo. It was on Dedede. I guess you could call it a string, but with how fast it was, I would just call it a combo. Once I got him to 50%, he was like "WTF do I do!?" Such a great moment. This was in 1.0.7 so idk if it's still possible.

The greatest combo I ever pulled off was on a CPU, and it was to about 85% I believe? It was on Bowser, in 1.1.0, and I still can't believe it happened. I'm certain most of it would have worked on a live person, but I can't guarantee it. I was going to save the replay, but I got SUUUPER salty because it was on Miiverse, and I was gimped twice by the stage, and in my rage I forgot to save it.

I'm happy Doc's meta is being pushed as far as it can in the current update. Maybe one day we'll get him out of Low-Tier and into Mid-Tier range? Hopefully we get some buff's in 1.1.1 if it ever actually happens. I believe it will though, because we are basically guaranteed at least one more DLC character, and with DLC comes lots of testing, and with testing comes Sakurai realizing what he has done to Doc mains.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
At low percents on non-floaties, D-throw can combo into U-smash and then a regrab. I've gotten D-throw -> U-smash -> D-throw -> U-air -> N-air -> D-throw -> Up-B to go from 0% to 60% on a mid-weight, mid-fall speed character.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
At low percents on non-floaties, D-throw can combo into U-smash and then a regrab. I've gotten D-throw -> U-smash -> D-throw -> U-air -> N-air -> D-throw -> Up-B to go from 0% to 60% on a mid-weight, mid-fall speed character.
Can confirm. Just tested this out and it's a true combo on some characters.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Yeah, Doc can get those on fastfallers or some big characters. Or both (Megaman, Cap, Ryu). Some of his stuff works on oddball characters (e.g. Down Throw to Fair works on Olimar for some reason). Someone mentioned that hitstun might be inversely proportional to "weight" so that might be the case.

Top Bottom