• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i switched mains again

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
so i switched mains from marth to peach because of marth's attack animation i was wondering if that is a bad thing as i second captain falcon and 15 unused characters in tournaments
the 15 i am talking about are
kitby
pichu
ness
mr game and watch
mewtwo
roy
zelda
yoshi
donkey kong
link
young link
mario
luigi
ganondorf
dr mario

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Woah woah woah, just, drop them. Find a single character you aim to main, and just focus on that character. You'll likely never get very good.

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
if that were true i wouldn't have been able to get good at brawl where i can afford to main 32 characters, the thing is even though i'm new to forums i have been playing smash bros casually for 15 years but 5 years ago i became as skilled as most professionals if i am playing peach or falcon it would be for any case and my secondaries i just like to play them casually thing is though that i forgot about melee marth's animations and how marth feels funky but most bottom 18 characters do not

Y-L

Smash Champion
Considering that I've never heard of you and you're switching mains because of "funky attack animations", you'll have to accept that you're not good at the game. Perhaps you're above average, but no where near professional level. This is often the case from people that come from playing casually. Just because you beat your other casual friends doesn't make you good. If you start consistently winning tournaments maybe you'll be at the level to dual main, but 17 characters? That's ridiculous. Pick one character and stick with it.

Cthulhu's Underling

Smash Cadet
If you want to switch mains, more power to you (although I don't see what's odd about Marth's animations), but you really should keep your number of serious characters to a minimum until you really are as skilled as someone like Mango. I only play 2 or 3 chars seriously, but casually, I use all but six (Doc, Yoshi, Zelda, the Links, and Pika).

Cthulhu's Underling

Smash Cadet
if that were true i wouldn't have been able to get good at brawl where i can afford to main 32 characters, the thing is even though i'm new to forums i have been playing smash bros casually for 15 years but 5 years ago i became as skilled as most professionals if i am playing peach or falcon it would be for any case and my secondaries i just like to play them casually thing is though that i forgot about melee marth's animations and how marth feels funky but most bottom 18 characters do not
OK, for real; if, for instance, your watching a video of Westballz, and your tech skill is on par with his, it may seem like you are at his level, but actually playing a pro who has seasoned mindgames, reads, etc, I'm betting you'd get trashed. No disrespect, though.

yttik

where i can afford to main 32 characters
no, you don't main 32 characters. no one mains 32 characters, not even people like mew2king who know how to play every character in the game. pick a couple and leave it, there's a difference between enjoying playing a lot of different characters, and maining/secondarying them.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
What if Danny of AD 1 was the next God? The scriptures foretold of a legendary smasher who had played smash bros casually for 15 years but 5 years ago became as skilled as most professionals....you guys will be sorry you ever doubted Danny.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
A little part of me died while reading this thread. Afterwards, I could only imagine this for about five minutes:

First off, no disrespect.

Like stated in the above posts, you have ONE main. Also, you can't just pocket (secondary) 15 different characters, you're most likely going to have a maximum TWO pockets. There's really no limit to pockets, but more than 2 is usually absurd. If you can pocket 15 different characters, you're obviously the 7th Smash God, but you're not. Your skills may seem 1:1 with those in high-level action videos, but most likely they're not.

I suggest finding a minimum of two, maximum of three characters you're most comfortable playing with, and deciding who's what from there. It'll make your life a whole lot easier keeping tech up with three characters, not 3/4 of the roster.

Snorlaxes

Smash Cadet
I think you made a good choice. When you're used to maining 32 characters, the funky animations can really become a detriment. Besides, you yourself say that you become as skilled as most professionals with Peach and Falcon. Why waste time on Marth when you have 17 other characters that could use the training?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, how do you have a problem with Marth's attack animations and not Roy's? A lot of their animations are the same.

Top Bottom