• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I suck at this game and I dont know why

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I remember posting on one of your threads a while back. I believe it was the "I'm Quitting For Glory" thread. At the time, I was getting furious. I was dealing with a lot at the time, between my girlfriend having a horrible relationship with her mother and her uncle recently passing away, making me fear for her and want to make things better for her when I can't, to school starting soon, in which I'm entering my Senior year of high school, with me being incredibly scared and anxious. I was prone to being more easily agitated, to the point of my hurling my controller at my wall and screaming with a ************. Then today happened.

I was going driving training with my mom (yeah, I'm a Senior in high school and I'm still learning how to drive. I don't know whether to find that sad or not), and she was getting worried since yesterday, my dad made me do a more difficult route. It made me feel great just knowing that my dad made me take on a challenge, and it made me feel a lot more confident with driving. When my mom panicked and was unsure how to feel, I said some really stupid **** to her like "You always underestimate me," or "You need to have more faith in me." Yeah, it was incredibly stupid of me to say those things. She then made a point to me, one that will stick with me. "It's always mind over matter," she said to me, "You always want to take what's easier for you, and you'd rather take the negative route and do nothing about it because it's easier for you." It's true that I always dwell on things and overthink things when I don't need to, but it's something that no matter how many times I told myself not to do that, I always do that. I developed a bad habit of overthinking and thinking that I would never be good enough to do anything. It started to effect how I play video games, and games that I should be good at, to the point of me having the entire game burned into my skull, I started making a lot of mistakes that I normally never make, and I was getting irritated by it. From today onward, I made a vow to myself that I was never going to go the negative route and always think positively. Hell, I just did a Smash 3DS For Glory section, the version I have not played in a long time, and I won every match, whereas last night I was losing the majority of matches on the same version.

If you want the TL;DR version, don't think harshly of yourself. Sometimes it takes others longer to become better at the game than others. Heck, I've been playing both versions since the day they came out, and I'm still learning new stuff to do with my mains Mega Man and Kirby. I don't plan on being tournament caliber, but I do plan on being competent at least. I suggest giving yourself a limit as to how long you can be on For Glory. If you feel like you're going to be raging, that's where you should stop. Trust me, it'll help you. Besides, if you want to, try challenging people on Smashboards. Maybe fighting people that know what they're doing might feel better than fighting idiots that get cheap victories. :p

littleuniverse

Smash Cadet
If I want to improve I usually record matches and look through them, to see what I did wrong and how I could improve. You could also try video guides. I've learned some pretty amazing tricks!

Top Bottom